VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "I have been given a difficult but fascinating task because it urges me and you to keep eyes and heart open on vast horizons of the Missio ad Gentes". With these words the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), His Exc. Mgr. Msgr. Protase Rugambwa began his speech, with his greetings in his first official meeting with the National Directors of the PMS on the occasion of the annual Assembly.
"The PMS – stressed Msg. Rugambwa - are a service to be lived together, in communion, a 'joint venture', the work of God and ours, of missionary cooperation," and adds that "missionary animation is the soul of every form of cooperation." "I feel that there is the need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition. To us, the Pontifical Mission Societies, is entrusted the task of inserting missionary animation as a key element in the ordinary pastoral: in parishes, associations and groups, especially youth. "The President insisted that "the PMS have reason to exist only if they jealously guard their specificity: animation, formation, cooperation with the local Churches for the Missio ad Gentes, and pointed out that "we are not one of the many charitable agencies that collect funds for emerging countries. What characterizes our service is the first evangelization, its characteristic of universality." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"
- 2013-12-03 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni opens the Year of Evangelization in Castries: "re-igniting enthusiasm for the proclamation of the Gospel"
- 2013-12-02 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in the Antilles: "be prepared, vigilant and engaged in the mission of Christ"
- 2013-11-30 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of the Antilles , "only joyful, zealous and faithful priests will attract the young to the service of Christ"
- 2013-11-29 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
- 2013-11-28 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at CAM IV/COMLA IX: "Take heart, America! Take heart, Latin America! you can give and do more!"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - ""May the joy of the Gospel reach to all the ends of the earth and all the “peripheries” in need of the light of the Gospel"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - " In this Congress, we place Christ at the center": Cardinal Filoni opened the American Missionary Congress (CAM4-Comla 9) in Maracaibo
- 2013-11-25 VATICAN - The Year of Faith ends in the sign of the mission
- 2013-11-18 VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples