VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "I have been given a difficult but fascinating task because it urges me and you to keep eyes and heart open on vast horizons of the Missio ad Gentes". With these words the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), His Exc. Mgr. Msgr. Protase Rugambwa began his speech, with his greetings in his first official meeting with the National Directors of the PMS on the occasion of the annual Assembly.
"The PMS – stressed Msg. Rugambwa - are a service to be lived together, in communion, a 'joint venture', the work of God and ours, of missionary cooperation," and adds that "missionary animation is the soul of every form of cooperation." "I feel that there is the need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition. To us, the Pontifical Mission Societies, is entrusted the task of inserting missionary animation as a key element in the ordinary pastoral: in parishes, associations and groups, especially youth. "The President insisted that "the PMS have reason to exist only if they jealously guard their specificity: animation, formation, cooperation with the local Churches for the Missio ad Gentes, and pointed out that "we are not one of the many charitable agencies that collect funds for emerging countries. What characterizes our service is the first evangelization, its characteristic of universality." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel