VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "I have been given a difficult but fascinating task because it urges me and you to keep eyes and heart open on vast horizons of the Missio ad Gentes". With these words the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), His Exc. Mgr. Msgr. Protase Rugambwa began his speech, with his greetings in his first official meeting with the National Directors of the PMS on the occasion of the annual Assembly.
"The PMS – stressed Msg. Rugambwa - are a service to be lived together, in communion, a 'joint venture', the work of God and ours, of missionary cooperation," and adds that "missionary animation is the soul of every form of cooperation." "I feel that there is the need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition. To us, the Pontifical Mission Societies, is entrusted the task of inserting missionary animation as a key element in the ordinary pastoral: in parishes, associations and groups, especially youth. "The President insisted that "the PMS have reason to exist only if they jealously guard their specificity: animation, formation, cooperation with the local Churches for the Missio ad Gentes, and pointed out that "we are not one of the many charitable agencies that collect funds for emerging countries. What characterizes our service is the first evangelization, its characteristic of universality." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2014-02-28 VATICAN - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 VATICAN - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 VATICAN - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 VATICAN - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"
- 2014-01-15 VATICAN - Communiqué of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2014-01-13 VATICAN - Pope announces the appointment of New Cardinals, 4 are from the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2014-01-07 VATICAN - During the Angelus Pope Francis recalls Childhood Mission Day
- 2014-01-03 VATICAN - PASTORAL CARE WORKERS KILLED IN 2013
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"