VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "I have been given a difficult but fascinating task because it urges me and you to keep eyes and heart open on vast horizons of the Missio ad Gentes". With these words the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), His Exc. Mgr. Msgr. Protase Rugambwa began his speech, with his greetings in his first official meeting with the National Directors of the PMS on the occasion of the annual Assembly.
"The PMS – stressed Msg. Rugambwa - are a service to be lived together, in communion, a 'joint venture', the work of God and ours, of missionary cooperation," and adds that "missionary animation is the soul of every form of cooperation." "I feel that there is the need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition. To us, the Pontifical Mission Societies, is entrusted the task of inserting missionary animation as a key element in the ordinary pastoral: in parishes, associations and groups, especially youth. "The President insisted that "the PMS have reason to exist only if they jealously guard their specificity: animation, formation, cooperation with the local Churches for the Missio ad Gentes, and pointed out that "we are not one of the many charitable agencies that collect funds for emerging countries. What characterizes our service is the first evangelization, its characteristic of universality." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide