VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "I have been given a difficult but fascinating task because it urges me and you to keep eyes and heart open on vast horizons of the Missio ad Gentes". With these words the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS), His Exc. Mgr. Msgr. Protase Rugambwa began his speech, with his greetings in his first official meeting with the National Directors of the PMS on the occasion of the annual Assembly.
"The PMS – stressed Msg. Rugambwa - are a service to be lived together, in communion, a 'joint venture', the work of God and ours, of missionary cooperation," and adds that "missionary animation is the soul of every form of cooperation." "I feel that there is the need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition. To us, the Pontifical Mission Societies, is entrusted the task of inserting missionary animation as a key element in the ordinary pastoral: in parishes, associations and groups, especially youth. "The President insisted that "the PMS have reason to exist only if they jealously guard their specificity: animation, formation, cooperation with the local Churches for the Missio ad Gentes, and pointed out that "we are not one of the many charitable agencies that collect funds for emerging countries. What characterizes our service is the first evangelization, its characteristic of universality." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans