ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul to Buddhists: "Let us together become a sign of peace and sharing"
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - While the Korean peninsula is still troubled by tensions and threats of war, religions are called to "give together a sign of peace and reconciliation" and to be "a sign of sharing and mercy in society": this was said by the Archbishop of Seoul, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, in a message sent to the Buddhist faithful on the occasion of the 2557th anniversary of the birth of Buddha.
Addressing the "esteemed Buddhist friends, the Archbishop notes in the message, sent to Fides Agency: "Our society is full of various conflicts and divisions. We are faced with problems such as the rise of materialism and atheism, and the lack of moral values. In such moments, I believe that the role of us men of faith is very important. The most important thing for us is the spirituality of sharing, mercy and love. We must carry out actions of love visible to others and become the biggest sign of peace for the world."
The text of the message continues: "The harmonious coexistence between Buddhism and Christianity is a great model of peace for those who are in situations of conflict. We must continue to work hard. This important Buddhist festival is also a good opportunity to reflect on the life and preaching of Buddha. I pray that the Buddhist spirituality of love and sharing can be deeply rooted in our society." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2014-03-26 - "Small Christian Communities" instrument of evangelization
- 2014-03-14 - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
- 2014-03-11 - The Bishops: "Korea, rise up in splendor!", the Pope is coming
- 2014-02-24 - ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Catholic Bishops: for 2014 “a Church with a warm heart”
- 2014-02-19 - "Forty days for life": Church reinforces its commitment against abortion
- 2014-02-10 - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Korean martyrs, a model of holiness"
- 2014-02-06 - In the wake of Evangelii Gaudium, the Church is committed to the poor and unemployed
- 2014-02-04 - Vocations bloom: the ordination of bishops, priests and deacons in Seoul
- 2014-02-03 - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Pope in Korea? A message of hope for all of Asia"
- 2014-01-24 - jung visits the homeless