ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul to Buddhists: "Let us together become a sign of peace and sharing"
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - While the Korean peninsula is still troubled by tensions and threats of war, religions are called to "give together a sign of peace and reconciliation" and to be "a sign of sharing and mercy in society": this was said by the Archbishop of Seoul, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, in a message sent to the Buddhist faithful on the occasion of the 2557th anniversary of the birth of Buddha.
Addressing the "esteemed Buddhist friends, the Archbishop notes in the message, sent to Fides Agency: "Our society is full of various conflicts and divisions. We are faced with problems such as the rise of materialism and atheism, and the lack of moral values. In such moments, I believe that the role of us men of faith is very important. The most important thing for us is the spirituality of sharing, mercy and love. We must carry out actions of love visible to others and become the biggest sign of peace for the world."
The text of the message continues: "The harmonious coexistence between Buddhism and Christianity is a great model of peace for those who are in situations of conflict. We must continue to work hard. This important Buddhist festival is also a good opportunity to reflect on the life and preaching of Buddha. I pray that the Buddhist spirituality of love and sharing can be deeply rooted in our society." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop of Seoul: A new year for the new evangelization
- 2013-11-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Controversy between a priest and the Korean President: the Archbishop of Seoul invites priests not to get involved in politics
- 2013-11-05 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Christians in prayer for reconciliation between North and South, in the demilitarized zone
- 2013-10-30 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Bishop of Mongolia: "Thanks for the missionary commitment of the Korean Church"
- 2013-10-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - In mission among the poor and marginalized in the "existential suburbs" of Suwon
- 2013-10-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Over 45 thousand faithful attend Cardinal Filoni’s Mass for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
- 2013-09-30 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "Cardinal Filoni’s visit is an incentive for the Church in Korea that wants to be missionary"
- 2013-09-16 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Korean Bishops' Pilgrimage on foot to martyrs' shrines
- 2013-08-29 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pope Francis to the Archdiocese of Seoul : "The martyrs as the way of faith and evangelization"
- 2013-08-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul and Cardinal Grocholewski: education as a means of evangelization in Asia