VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Many here present work in dramatic situations of persecution, poverty, violence, conflict and marginalization of their Countries", stressed Cardinal Filoni, at the opening today of the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies.
"In fact this situation has consequences in the effectiveness of the action of the PMS," said the Cardinal, and therefore proposed some general principles to be implemented in practical guidelines.
The Prefect continued by recalling the identity and spirit of the PMS, as a service structure for the missions in each Country. At the conclusion of his speech, Cardinal Filoni very clearly said: "it is necessary to review the methods of evangelization, to study how to bring the Christian message to modern man, where he can find the answer to his questions and the energy for his commitment of human solidarity. What should prompt us in our missionary activity is faith. A re-appropriation of evangelical radicalism is necessary for our apostolic activity to be fruitful and recognized as Missio Dei."
The Assembly will continue until Saturday, May 18 (see Fides 05/08/2013). The national directors of about 150 countries are present at the opening of the works. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"