VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Many here present work in dramatic situations of persecution, poverty, violence, conflict and marginalization of their Countries", stressed Cardinal Filoni, at the opening today of the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies.
"In fact this situation has consequences in the effectiveness of the action of the PMS," said the Cardinal, and therefore proposed some general principles to be implemented in practical guidelines.
The Prefect continued by recalling the identity and spirit of the PMS, as a service structure for the missions in each Country. At the conclusion of his speech, Cardinal Filoni very clearly said: "it is necessary to review the methods of evangelization, to study how to bring the Christian message to modern man, where he can find the answer to his questions and the energy for his commitment of human solidarity. What should prompt us in our missionary activity is faith. A re-appropriation of evangelical radicalism is necessary for our apostolic activity to be fruitful and recognized as Missio Dei."
The Assembly will continue until Saturday, May 18 (see Fides 05/08/2013). The national directors of about 150 countries are present at the opening of the works. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2013)
- 2015-11-30 - Cardinal Filoni’s report: those who do not know Christ and the challenges for the Church increase
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins