VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Many here present work in dramatic situations of persecution, poverty, violence, conflict and marginalization of their Countries", stressed Cardinal Filoni, at the opening today of the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies.
"In fact this situation has consequences in the effectiveness of the action of the PMS," said the Cardinal, and therefore proposed some general principles to be implemented in practical guidelines.
The Prefect continued by recalling the identity and spirit of the PMS, as a service structure for the missions in each Country. At the conclusion of his speech, Cardinal Filoni very clearly said: "it is necessary to review the methods of evangelization, to study how to bring the Christian message to modern man, where he can find the answer to his questions and the energy for his commitment of human solidarity. What should prompt us in our missionary activity is faith. A re-appropriation of evangelical radicalism is necessary for our apostolic activity to be fruitful and recognized as Missio Dei."
The Assembly will continue until Saturday, May 18 (see Fides 05/08/2013). The national directors of about 150 countries are present at the opening of the works. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2013)
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers