VATICAN - "It is necessary to review the methods of evangelization": Cardinal Filoni at the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Many here present work in dramatic situations of persecution, poverty, violence, conflict and marginalization of their Countries", stressed Cardinal Filoni, at the opening today of the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies.
"In fact this situation has consequences in the effectiveness of the action of the PMS," said the Cardinal, and therefore proposed some general principles to be implemented in practical guidelines.
The Prefect continued by recalling the identity and spirit of the PMS, as a service structure for the missions in each Country. At the conclusion of his speech, Cardinal Filoni very clearly said: "it is necessary to review the methods of evangelization, to study how to bring the Christian message to modern man, where he can find the answer to his questions and the energy for his commitment of human solidarity. What should prompt us in our missionary activity is faith. A re-appropriation of evangelical radicalism is necessary for our apostolic activity to be fruitful and recognized as Missio Dei."
The Assembly will continue until Saturday, May 18 (see Fides 05/08/2013). The national directors of about 150 countries are present at the opening of the works. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2013)
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"