AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first Holy Colombian: "Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program"
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "The Life of Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program that can be achieved with the help of God and the generous response of man," is what is stated in the invitation of the Colombian Episcopal Conference ( CEC) to celebrate the first saint of Colombia.
The CEC states that, after more than 500 years since the planting of the seed of the Gospel in our continent, the "sanctity of Mother Laura is manifested as the mature fruit of her evangelization."
The bishops argue that the first holy Colombian "is the most worthy manner to represent " the Colombian woman that stands our for the virtues of generosity, courage, fortitude, faith, and commitment to others. At the same time to thank God for the life of the missionary of Antioquia, the church of Colombia wants to remember her as "an innovative, courageous evangelizing woman sensitive to the needs of the poorest and full of mystical intimacy with God." Mother Laura Montoya Upegui, will be canonized on Sunday, May 12 in Rome by Pope Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/05/2013)
- 2014-09-13 - The Week for Peace becomes "Year of Peace" in Cali
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives