AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first Holy Colombian: "Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program"
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "The Life of Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program that can be achieved with the help of God and the generous response of man," is what is stated in the invitation of the Colombian Episcopal Conference ( CEC) to celebrate the first saint of Colombia.
The CEC states that, after more than 500 years since the planting of the seed of the Gospel in our continent, the "sanctity of Mother Laura is manifested as the mature fruit of her evangelization."
The bishops argue that the first holy Colombian "is the most worthy manner to represent " the Colombian woman that stands our for the virtues of generosity, courage, fortitude, faith, and commitment to others. At the same time to thank God for the life of the missionary of Antioquia, the church of Colombia wants to remember her as "an innovative, courageous evangelizing woman sensitive to the needs of the poorest and full of mystical intimacy with God." Mother Laura Montoya Upegui, will be canonized on Sunday, May 12 in Rome by Pope Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/05/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation