AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The first Holy Colombian: "Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program"
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "The Life of Mother Laura is not a utopia, but a concrete program that can be achieved with the help of God and the generous response of man," is what is stated in the invitation of the Colombian Episcopal Conference ( CEC) to celebrate the first saint of Colombia.
The CEC states that, after more than 500 years since the planting of the seed of the Gospel in our continent, the "sanctity of Mother Laura is manifested as the mature fruit of her evangelization."
The bishops argue that the first holy Colombian "is the most worthy manner to represent " the Colombian woman that stands our for the virtues of generosity, courage, fortitude, faith, and commitment to others. At the same time to thank God for the life of the missionary of Antioquia, the church of Colombia wants to remember her as "an innovative, courageous evangelizing woman sensitive to the needs of the poorest and full of mystical intimacy with God." Mother Laura Montoya Upegui, will be canonized on Sunday, May 12 in Rome by Pope Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/05/2013)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"