AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
Ecatepec (Agenzia Fides) - The toll of the accident in San Pedro Xalosctoc, Ecatepec, north of Mexico City is of 24 victims and 25 wounded, of whom 12 in serious condition, where a tanker full of natural gas exploded on the evening of May 8. The community of Ecatepec is deeply shocked because 10 of the victims were children. The authorities have opened an investigation.
The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christopher Pierre, will celebrate today, 10 May, the funerals of the victims in the Parish of San Pedro de Xalostoc and will read Holy Father Francis’ message, who yesterday sent a telegram of condolence.
According to an initial police report, the tanker truck exploded after crashing against a guard rail on the highway. The explosion set fire to cars that were in the area. The fire broke out after the explosion reached an area of about 500 meters. Many of the people who died were sleeping in their flimsy houses adjacent to the highway. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/05/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft