AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
Ecatepec (Agenzia Fides) - The toll of the accident in San Pedro Xalosctoc, Ecatepec, north of Mexico City is of 24 victims and 25 wounded, of whom 12 in serious condition, where a tanker full of natural gas exploded on the evening of May 8. The community of Ecatepec is deeply shocked because 10 of the victims were children. The authorities have opened an investigation.
The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christopher Pierre, will celebrate today, 10 May, the funerals of the victims in the Parish of San Pedro de Xalostoc and will read Holy Father Francis’ message, who yesterday sent a telegram of condolence.
According to an initial police report, the tanker truck exploded after crashing against a guard rail on the highway. The explosion set fire to cars that were in the area. The fire broke out after the explosion reached an area of about 500 meters. Many of the people who died were sleeping in their flimsy houses adjacent to the highway. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/05/2013)
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests