VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - With the greetings and the Report of His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, the works of the Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies will begin on Monday, May 13. The second speech will be on behalf of His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, Assistant Secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS).
In the Retreat House of the Salesians in Via della Pisana in Rome, which houses the works, the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies from all continents, with the President and the General Secretaries of the four PMS will meet. The first part of the Assembly, on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 May, will be the pastoral Session. On Wednesday, May 15 the Administrative Session of the Assembly will begin which will see the presentation of the reports of the General Secretaries of the four Pontifical Mission Societies, who will present the report of the past year, the forecast budget for 2013 and the subsidy requests to the various projects that were received. At this point in the meeting the Secretary General of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Fr. Timothy Lehane, SVD, Mgr. Silvano Rossi, in charge of the Administration will speak. On Thursday, May 16 it will be the turn of Mgr. Jan Dumon, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, J. Baptistine Ralamboarison, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Fr. Vito Del Prete, PIME, Secretary General of the Pontifical Missionary Union. A space will also be reserved to the presentation of the activity of Fides Agency. On Friday morning, May 17th the audience with Holy Father Francis will be held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2014-02-28 VATICAN - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 VATICAN - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 VATICAN - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 VATICAN - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"
- 2014-01-15 VATICAN - Communiqué of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2014-01-13 VATICAN - Pope announces the appointment of New Cardinals, 4 are from the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2014-01-07 VATICAN - During the Angelus Pope Francis recalls Childhood Mission Day
- 2014-01-03 VATICAN - PASTORAL CARE WORKERS KILLED IN 2013
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"