VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - With the greetings and the Report of His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, the works of the Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies will begin on Monday, May 13. The second speech will be on behalf of His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, Assistant Secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS).
In the Retreat House of the Salesians in Via della Pisana in Rome, which houses the works, the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies from all continents, with the President and the General Secretaries of the four PMS will meet. The first part of the Assembly, on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 May, will be the pastoral Session. On Wednesday, May 15 the Administrative Session of the Assembly will begin which will see the presentation of the reports of the General Secretaries of the four Pontifical Mission Societies, who will present the report of the past year, the forecast budget for 2013 and the subsidy requests to the various projects that were received. At this point in the meeting the Secretary General of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Fr. Timothy Lehane, SVD, Mgr. Silvano Rossi, in charge of the Administration will speak. On Thursday, May 16 it will be the turn of Mgr. Jan Dumon, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, J. Baptistine Ralamboarison, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Fr. Vito Del Prete, PIME, Secretary General of the Pontifical Missionary Union. A space will also be reserved to the presentation of the activity of Fides Agency. On Friday morning, May 17th the audience with Holy Father Francis will be held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"