VATICAN - Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies, from May 13 to 18
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - With the greetings and the Report of His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, the works of the Annual General Meeting of the Pontifical Mission Societies will begin on Monday, May 13. The second speech will be on behalf of His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, Assistant Secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and President of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS).
In the Retreat House of the Salesians in Via della Pisana in Rome, which houses the works, the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies from all continents, with the President and the General Secretaries of the four PMS will meet. The first part of the Assembly, on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 May, will be the pastoral Session. On Wednesday, May 15 the Administrative Session of the Assembly will begin which will see the presentation of the reports of the General Secretaries of the four Pontifical Mission Societies, who will present the report of the past year, the forecast budget for 2013 and the subsidy requests to the various projects that were received. At this point in the meeting the Secretary General of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Fr. Timothy Lehane, SVD, Mgr. Silvano Rossi, in charge of the Administration will speak. On Thursday, May 16 it will be the turn of Mgr. Jan Dumon, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, J. Baptistine Ralamboarison, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood and Fr. Vito Del Prete, PIME, Secretary General of the Pontifical Missionary Union. A space will also be reserved to the presentation of the activity of Fides Agency. On Friday morning, May 17th the audience with Holy Father Francis will be held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"