AMERICA/HONDURAS - The Banda Calle 18 is willing to sign a peace pact, waiting for the government's response
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - They have been days, months, maybe years of silent work, constant dialogue, prayer and reflection, but without losing hope. Now that expectation and that work begin to bear fruit: one sees the light of unprecedented space for peace in the Country. Finally the Banda Calle 18 stated it was willing to sign a peace pact with the government.
The protagonists of the negotiation and the scenario has always been the same for years. The discussions take place in a narrow corner of the Marco Aurelio Soto National Penitentiary. The perseverance of Mgr. Romulo Emiliani, Auxiliary Bishop of San Pedro Sula and that of the leaders of the Banda Calle 18 were also crucial that now highlight the desire of these young people to sign a peace pact with the government and indeed, ask for forgiveness to the people of Honduras.
The proposal was submitted and now we are waiting a response from the government. Because of the importance of this initiative, our agency publishes the full text sent by the Catholic weekly Honduran Fides with the requests made by the five leaders of the "Banda de la Calle 18" and the words of Mgr. Emiliani. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Appeal to clarify the murder of an employee of Radio Progreso
- 2014-03-11 - Criminal gangs train children to handle firearms
- 2014-02-10 - Recognition proposal for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula
- 2014-01-20 - 3,800 children and young people killed in the last four years
- 2014-01-16 - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
- 2014-01-13 - Sexual abuse and prostitution per 3000 girls between 12 to 17 years of age
- 2013-11-21 - "A story of injustice and inequality, it is time for a change": ready for Sunday's elections
- 2013-11-19 - "Vote to have transparent and honest politicians"; 51% of voters are women
- 2013-10-11 - "Children in Christ, firm in Faith", 20,000 letters to the Pope for the National Day of Missionary Childhood
- 2013-10-11 - Confidence in the future of the country, the Bishops call for a free and responsible election