AMERICA/HONDURAS - The Banda Calle 18 is willing to sign a peace pact, waiting for the government's response
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - They have been days, months, maybe years of silent work, constant dialogue, prayer and reflection, but without losing hope. Now that expectation and that work begin to bear fruit: one sees the light of unprecedented space for peace in the Country. Finally the Banda Calle 18 stated it was willing to sign a peace pact with the government.
The protagonists of the negotiation and the scenario has always been the same for years. The discussions take place in a narrow corner of the Marco Aurelio Soto National Penitentiary. The perseverance of Mgr. Romulo Emiliani, Auxiliary Bishop of San Pedro Sula and that of the leaders of the Banda Calle 18 were also crucial that now highlight the desire of these young people to sign a peace pact with the government and indeed, ask for forgiveness to the people of Honduras.
The proposal was submitted and now we are waiting a response from the government. Because of the importance of this initiative, our agency publishes the full text sent by the Catholic weekly Honduran Fides with the requests made by the five leaders of the "Banda de la Calle 18" and the words of Mgr. Emiliani. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases
- 2014-10-23 - A new location of the detention center in San Pedro Sula for the sake of prisoners
- 2014-10-22 - The right to food for 700,000 people suffering hunger: it is not food that is lacking, but justice
- 2014-10-13 - "Caminando con amor": 5,000 pairs of shoes have been distributed for children at risk