AMERICA/HONDURAS - The Banda Calle 18 is willing to sign a peace pact, waiting for the government's response
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - They have been days, months, maybe years of silent work, constant dialogue, prayer and reflection, but without losing hope. Now that expectation and that work begin to bear fruit: one sees the light of unprecedented space for peace in the Country. Finally the Banda Calle 18 stated it was willing to sign a peace pact with the government.
The protagonists of the negotiation and the scenario has always been the same for years. The discussions take place in a narrow corner of the Marco Aurelio Soto National Penitentiary. The perseverance of Mgr. Romulo Emiliani, Auxiliary Bishop of San Pedro Sula and that of the leaders of the Banda Calle 18 were also crucial that now highlight the desire of these young people to sign a peace pact with the government and indeed, ask for forgiveness to the people of Honduras.
The proposal was submitted and now we are waiting a response from the government. Because of the importance of this initiative, our agency publishes the full text sent by the Catholic weekly Honduran Fides with the requests made by the five leaders of the "Banda de la Calle 18" and the words of Mgr. Emiliani. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2013)
- 2014-08-19 - The church calls on the authorities to change the situation in prisons
- 2014-07-23 - The Bishop of Choluteca: 5000 people are forced to put their lives at risk in mines every day
- 2014-07-02 - Campaign in schools in favor of children on the issue of responsibility
- 2014-06-23 - It is time to take action! More than 13 thousand children and young Hondurans at the U.S. Border
- 2014-06-13 - Honour of the Congress to Bishop Emiliani Sánchez for his social contribution
- 2014-05-15 - Violence against children who suffer abuse and harassment continues
- 2014-05-13 - Condemnation of the Church for the murder of children, violence does not stop in the country
- 2014-04-30 - Femicide continues to spread: nearly 4000 women were killed between 2002 and 2013
- 2014-04-16 - Appeal to clarify the murder of an employee of Radio Progreso
- 2014-03-11 - Criminal gangs train children to handle firearms