AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
Salta (Agenzia Fides) - The Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP) has discovered a traffic of child laborers in an agricultural property in Salta, at the foot of the Andes, where 97% of these were not recorded. Young workers were engaged for 10 hours a day in heavy logging activities, 52 were not registered and they all worked with poor equipment, no security measures to hands and eyes, nor any work insurance. For four months they have been living in inhuman conditions, isolated and without receiving the pay established. Living in the mountains, in rudimentary shacks made from plastic and waste of trees, they had no chance of returning to their homes. Some slept on beds made of rudimentary sticks and others directly on the floor, with no running water, no electricity and health care. The AFIP has denounced the owners of child exploitation, slavery and human trafficking. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years