AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
Salta (Agenzia Fides) - The Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP) has discovered a traffic of child laborers in an agricultural property in Salta, at the foot of the Andes, where 97% of these were not recorded. Young workers were engaged for 10 hours a day in heavy logging activities, 52 were not registered and they all worked with poor equipment, no security measures to hands and eyes, nor any work insurance. For four months they have been living in inhuman conditions, isolated and without receiving the pay established. Living in the mountains, in rudimentary shacks made from plastic and waste of trees, they had no chance of returning to their homes. Some slept on beds made of rudimentary sticks and others directly on the floor, with no running water, no electricity and health care. The AFIP has denounced the owners of child exploitation, slavery and human trafficking. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2013)
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church