AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
Salta (Agenzia Fides) - The Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP) has discovered a traffic of child laborers in an agricultural property in Salta, at the foot of the Andes, where 97% of these were not recorded. Young workers were engaged for 10 hours a day in heavy logging activities, 52 were not registered and they all worked with poor equipment, no security measures to hands and eyes, nor any work insurance. For four months they have been living in inhuman conditions, isolated and without receiving the pay established. Living in the mountains, in rudimentary shacks made from plastic and waste of trees, they had no chance of returning to their homes. Some slept on beds made of rudimentary sticks and others directly on the floor, with no running water, no electricity and health care. The AFIP has denounced the owners of child exploitation, slavery and human trafficking. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2013)
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"
- 2014-04-09 - The Church invites us to be in solidarity with the victims of the rains, Neuquen is the most affected area
- 2014-03-28 - "We see trade of death on the street" denounces the Bishop of Quilmes
- 2014-03-20 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
- 2014-03-17 - "Teachers’ strike must be solved with students in the classroom", asks the Bishop of Mar del Plata
- 2014-03-10 - New policies for young people are urgently needed, because "drugs have entered all levels of society"
- 2014-03-10 - There is no adequate treatment for HIV-positive children
- 2014-03-05 - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect