ASIA/VIETNAM - New project for 2000 children at the National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi
Hanoi (Agenzia Fides) - The National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi (NHP) and Children's Hospital Bambino Gesù, in Rome (OPBG) have just launched a new project born from the need for special assistance to children with birth defects and genitourinary renal failure and therefore need specialized surgical treatments. This is what is said in a statement sent to Fides Agency, in which the objectives to be achieved are highlighted which provide, among other things, specialist care, surgery, dialysis and treatment of chronic renal failure for 2,000 pediatric patients between the ages of 0 and 18. The NHP is the largest pediatric hospital in Vietnam, and guides the development of medical activities in favor of children across the nation. Cooperation between NHP and OPBG, active for over five years, has allowed to develop and share technical and scientific experiences in different fields of medicine, even through more than 20 missions of specialists from Rome to Hanoi, and the implementation of training programs for local medical staff. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/04/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - The Archbishop of Ho Chi Minh city: prayer and hope for the Vatican-Vietnam diplomatic ties
- 2014-09-23 - Family, cradle of faith and of Christian witness
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"
- 2014-07-02 - "Christian family, the cradle of vocations to priesthood" for the Church in Vietnam
- 2014-06-26 - Brutal police repression on Christians Mennonites
- 2014-05-27 - Tensions with China: the faithful pray for justice and peace
- 2014-05-15 - Anti-Chinese protests and violence: civil society and the Catholics ask for non-violence
- 2014-05-08 - A Vietnamese priest in the list of the top “100 information heroes”