VATICAN - "Finding the right and peaceful paths to overcome the crisis," Pope's appeal for Venezuela
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - As Cardinal Urosa Savino, Archbishop of Caracas launched an appeal for calm and relaxation Pope Francis, in the Sunday prayer of the Regina Caeli, called "the beloved Venezuelan people, especially decision makers and politicians, to firmly reject any kind of violence, and to establish a dialogue based on truth, in mutual recognition, in the search for the common good and love for the nation."
In front of St. Peter's Square crowded with the faithful from all over the world, Pope Francis’ words were very strong: "I closely follow the events that are happening in Venezuela. I accompany them with deep concern, with intense prayer and with the hope that right and peaceful paths are found to overcome the serious difficulties the country is going through."
After a week since the elections in the South American country, which saw the victory of Maduro, different political groups have expressed their rejection of the election results with demonstrations, which have resulted in clashes that caused 8 deaths. The Catholic Church offered itself as a mediator to overcome this situation (see Fides 18/04/2013). "It is necessary to resolve this crisis. It is necessary to tone down the rhetoric of confrontation," said Cardinal Urosa to the press yesterday. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/04/2013)
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"
- 2013-12-03 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni opens the Year of Evangelization in Castries: "re-igniting enthusiasm for the proclamation of the Gospel"
- 2013-12-02 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in the Antilles: "be prepared, vigilant and engaged in the mission of Christ"
- 2013-11-30 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of the Antilles , "only joyful, zealous and faithful priests will attract the young to the service of Christ"
- 2013-11-29 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
- 2013-11-28 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at CAM IV/COMLA IX: "Take heart, America! Take heart, Latin America! you can give and do more!"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - ""May the joy of the Gospel reach to all the ends of the earth and all the “peripheries” in need of the light of the Gospel"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - " In this Congress, we place Christ at the center": Cardinal Filoni opened the American Missionary Congress (CAM4-Comla 9) in Maracaibo
- 2013-11-25 VATICAN - The Year of Faith ends in the sign of the mission
- 2013-11-18 VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples