AMERICA/ARGENTINA - " Pastoral ministry should always be missionary," Pope Francis’ message to his brother Argentinian bishops
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - "Mission is key to ministry. We have to go out into the deep outskirsts of existence". This is what Pope Francis said in his letter to the Bishops of Argentina who are gathered in their Plenary Assembly.
After apologizing for his absence due to "recent commitments," Pope Francis recalls the missionary efforts in the light of the Gospel: "A Church that does not go out of itself, sooner or later, sickens from the stale air of closed rooms. Pope Francis went on to concede that at times, like anyone else, in going out the Church risks running into accidents. But he added “I prefer a thousand times over a Church of accidents than a sick Church”. Pope Francis said that the Church typically suffers from being self-referential, of only looking to and relying on itself. He spoke of a “narcissism that leads to a routine spirituality and convoluted clericalism” and prevents people from experiencing the sweet and comforting joy of evangelization."
The letter, sent to Fides by the Episcopal Conference, is written in a very fraternal manner because at the end he asks: to pray "so that I do not grow proud and always know how to listen to what God wants and not what I want ". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013)
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children