VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: dialogue between religions in Asia "for the common good"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - In the "obvious areas of criticality of the Asian context", marked by situations of "injustice, discrimination, violence, abuse of the creation," "the active presence of different religious traditions also in public spaces, in mutual respect and above all in compliance with the tasks and duties of the state, for the common good" is legitimate: this was said by Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, at the conclusion of the conference held in past days at the Pontifical Urbaniana University, on the theme "Listening to Asia: Pathways for faith, society and religions, between tradition and contemporaneity."
"The dialogue between religions is therefore of social and political connotation, since it is aimed to develop policies and strategies for the common good", such as "promoting a culture of empathy and compassion." In this context "the prophetic denunciation, enlightened by the Holy Spirit to all that degrades or denies the dignity of the human being" is included. For this "authenticity and testimony question the Churches of Asia, particularly in regard to the life of faith." An authentic personal and communal faith - notes the Cardinal - is "a choice for that personal God who is fully revealed in Christ." This encounter, he concludes, "is an indispensable condition for the mission." (Agenzia Fides 18/04/2013)
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam