AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - It will be Caritas Congo to distribute the funds raised by the campaign of national solidarity for the population in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, launched on April 13 by the government in Kinshasa.
The campaign, entitled "together for the east", will last three months. The Minister for Social Affairs, Humanitarian Action and National Solidarity, Charles Naweji, pointed out that "all our social partners involved in the campaign want Caritas Congo Asbl to safeguard the funds."
The Congolese are invited to be in solidarity with the people of the East, exhausted by at least 20 years of conflict and to welcome those in charge of the national collection who will travel to schools, universities, public and private enterprises, markets, etc..
Among the partners involved in the campaign there are several religious denominations, Caritas Congo, the Conference of Rectors of universities, student associations and other NGOs. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - The Bishops: "Stop shedding the blood of the Congolese"
- 2015-11-19 - Open discussion on the mission in Africa 50 years after the "Ad Gentes" apostolic decree
- 2015-11-16 - The Bishops: "National dialogue must respect the Constitution"
- 2015-11-05 - Civil society: "There are foreign jihadists in our region despite what the UN says"
- 2015-11-04 - Kidnappings: new plague in North Kivu: more than 600 seizures since the beginning of the year
- 2015-10-30 - Lack of funds put the elections at risk
- 2015-10-22 - Catholic Bishops disassociate from choice of presidency candidate for Independent National Election Commission
- 2015-10-21 - Three years after the disappearance of the three Congolese Assumptionists, no word on their fate
- 2015-10-20 - Religious confessions announce the rapid appointment of the new head of the Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-12 - Concern for the resignation of the President of the Independent Electoral Commission