AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - It will be Caritas Congo to distribute the funds raised by the campaign of national solidarity for the population in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, launched on April 13 by the government in Kinshasa.
The campaign, entitled "together for the east", will last three months. The Minister for Social Affairs, Humanitarian Action and National Solidarity, Charles Naweji, pointed out that "all our social partners involved in the campaign want Caritas Congo Asbl to safeguard the funds."
The Congolese are invited to be in solidarity with the people of the East, exhausted by at least 20 years of conflict and to welcome those in charge of the national collection who will travel to schools, universities, public and private enterprises, markets, etc..
Among the partners involved in the campaign there are several religious denominations, Caritas Congo, the Conference of Rectors of universities, student associations and other NGOs. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2015-03-18 - New violence in North Kivu: "there is an attempt to block the operations against the FDLR" denounces civil society
- 2015-03-12 - Alarm for the recruitment of young Muslims in eastern Congo
- 2015-02-27 - A priest killed in the east of the Country; the Bishop of Goma denounces insecurity in the area
- 2015-02-25 - Strong humanitarian concern for the announced offensive against Rwandan rebels
- 2015-02-23 - “Government must guarantee freedom of press”: appeal following closure of several broadcasters including Kinshasa’s Catholic TV
- 2015-02-21 - AFRICA/ DR CONGO – Election calendar made public: eight elections in two years
- 2015-02-12 - A UN report highlights the international links of the Congolese guerrillas
- 2015-02-05 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops ask for a clear electoral calendar
- 2014-12-22 - North Kivu: the conclusions of the meeting of the "wise men" to end the war in the Territory of Beni
- 2014-12-17 - Meeting of the "wise men" begins today to put an end to the massacres in the territory of Beni