AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - It will be Caritas Congo to distribute the funds raised by the campaign of national solidarity for the population in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, launched on April 13 by the government in Kinshasa.
The campaign, entitled "together for the east", will last three months. The Minister for Social Affairs, Humanitarian Action and National Solidarity, Charles Naweji, pointed out that "all our social partners involved in the campaign want Caritas Congo Asbl to safeguard the funds."
The Congolese are invited to be in solidarity with the people of the East, exhausted by at least 20 years of conflict and to welcome those in charge of the national collection who will travel to schools, universities, public and private enterprises, markets, etc..
Among the partners involved in the campaign there are several religious denominations, Caritas Congo, the Conference of Rectors of universities, student associations and other NGOs. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - The Bishops denounce: "In eastern Congo three basic training camps for jihadists; but the UN observes without intervening"
- 2015-05-22 - Civil society denounces the ambiguous role of the army in the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2015-05-18 - Prayers and mobilization of the population to demand an end of attacks by Ugandan rebels
- 2015-05-18 - More than a hundred women victims of rape in the attack in Kikamba
- 2015-05-05 - More than 7,000 Burundian asylum-seekers in South Kivu; UN and Caritas mobilized
- 2015-04-30 - African rebirth also passes through the media and Pan-African tourism
- 2015-04-27 - The United Nations Commission on Human Rights takes office, but repression of opponents continue
- 2015-04-10 - "The massacres in Butembo are a crime against humanity" denounce religious orders in the area
- 2015-04-09 - The opposition demands an investigation into the mass grave discovered 80 km from Kinshasa
- 2015-04-08 - Volcanoes erupting, wars, lack of infrastructure, extreme poverty and schooling for a few