AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - It will be Caritas Congo to distribute the funds raised by the campaign of national solidarity for the population in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, launched on April 13 by the government in Kinshasa.
The campaign, entitled "together for the east", will last three months. The Minister for Social Affairs, Humanitarian Action and National Solidarity, Charles Naweji, pointed out that "all our social partners involved in the campaign want Caritas Congo Asbl to safeguard the funds."
The Congolese are invited to be in solidarity with the people of the East, exhausted by at least 20 years of conflict and to welcome those in charge of the national collection who will travel to schools, universities, public and private enterprises, markets, etc..
Among the partners involved in the campaign there are several religious denominations, Caritas Congo, the Conference of Rectors of universities, student associations and other NGOs. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - The youth of South Kivu with the Bishops against the amendment of the Constitution
- 2014-10-17 - At least 30 people have died in the guerrilla assault in the town of Beni
- 2014-10-16 - Bishops' strong condemnation regarding the attack against priests and religious women in Lodja
- 2014-10-14 - New threats to priests and religious women because of the opposition of the Bishops to the constitutional amendment
- 2014-10-06 - Violence in the areas that the army has declared "free" from the guerrillas continue
- 2014-10-02 - Initiatives on behalf of "Justice and Peace" for reconciliation between Congolese and Rwandans
- 2014-09-22 - More than 70,000 children accused of witchcraft and persecuted
- 2014-09-17 - "No to the revision of the Constitution, because it puts at risk the stability of the Country", say the Bishops
- 2014-09-15 - “A lively Church but the faith needs to be deepened” says President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference
- 2014-09-12 - Civil society: "the press in Rwanda is being provocative with regards to the border lines"