AFRICA/DR CONGO - Congo Caritas in charge of distributing the funds of the national collection for the east
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - It will be Caritas Congo to distribute the funds raised by the campaign of national solidarity for the population in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, launched on April 13 by the government in Kinshasa.
The campaign, entitled "together for the east", will last three months. The Minister for Social Affairs, Humanitarian Action and National Solidarity, Charles Naweji, pointed out that "all our social partners involved in the campaign want Caritas Congo Asbl to safeguard the funds."
The Congolese are invited to be in solidarity with the people of the East, exhausted by at least 20 years of conflict and to welcome those in charge of the national collection who will travel to schools, universities, public and private enterprises, markets, etc..
Among the partners involved in the campaign there are several religious denominations, Caritas Congo, the Conference of Rectors of universities, student associations and other NGOs. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 17/04/2013)
- 2014-07-28 - It is necessary to vaccinate children against measles
- 2014-07-10 - Appeal of Caritas: "Help us bring home more than 2,400 people expelled from Brazzaville"
- 2014-07-07 - The army and the UN did not intervene to stop the massacre in Mutarule, HRW denounces
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops recall "the sacred duty to protect the nation and preserve peace"
- 2014-06-26 - Emergency continues for girls accused of witchcraft
- 2014-06-25 - "Address the problem of Rwandan Hutu militias once and for all" ask the missionaries
- 2014-06-17 - The Congolese doctor who helps victims of sexual violence:"rape is a weapon of mass destruction"
- 2014-06-13 - Clashes at the border with Rwanda: Civil society calls for the intervention of the international community
- 2014-06-12 - Massacre in South Kivu: it is not land conflict but clash among local politicians
- 2014-06-09 - Appeal for the release of 900 hostages, including three Assumptionist fathers kidnapped in 2012