AMERICA/CHILE - "Family, public education and well-paid job," the concern of the Church
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "We are concerned about the present and the future of our country," say the Bishops of Chile in a statement published at the end of their 105th Plenary Assembly held last week.
"We invite all believers to pray for peace and justice, understanding and cooperation among peoples and for the issues that are currently the concern of everyone, especially us pastors: the minimum wage, trade union disputes, public education, the family and respect for life."
The document expresses the joy of the Catholic community for the newly-elected Pope Francis and the commitment to pray for his mission. Given the strong participation of priests from different parts of the Country, the bishops also expressed the desire to "walk together with the priests in the work of evangelization in this time of mission." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2015-04-15 - Protection of life and communication in the Church's mission, priority in the Chilean Church
- 2015-04-14 - Floods force more than 40 000 children not to go to school
- 2015-03-30 - Floods and landslides: 12 dead and thousands displaced, Caritas at work
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference