AMERICA/CHILE - "Family, public education and well-paid job," the concern of the Church
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "We are concerned about the present and the future of our country," say the Bishops of Chile in a statement published at the end of their 105th Plenary Assembly held last week.
"We invite all believers to pray for peace and justice, understanding and cooperation among peoples and for the issues that are currently the concern of everyone, especially us pastors: the minimum wage, trade union disputes, public education, the family and respect for life."
The document expresses the joy of the Catholic community for the newly-elected Pope Francis and the commitment to pray for his mission. Given the strong participation of priests from different parts of the Country, the bishops also expressed the desire to "walk together with the priests in the work of evangelization in this time of mission." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2013-11-23 AMERICA/CHILE - A community divided in two in order to protect the environment threatened by the Pascua Lama project
- 2013-11-22 AMERICA/CHILE - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
- 2013-11-08 AMERICA/CHILE – Mgr. Ezzati re-elected President of the CECh; waiting for the final message of the Assembly
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
- 2013-10-11 AMERICA/CHILE - "Water should not be anyone's privilege": the first congress for water in Chile
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions
- 2013-09-18 AMERICA/CHILE – To love ones homeland inside prisons: Mgr. Chomali celebrates with inmates
- 2013-09-18 AMERICA/CHILE - Ecumenical Te Deum for the 203 years of independence of Chile
- 2013-09-10 AMERICA/CHILE - "Reconciliation cannot be imposed": Bishops 40 years after the Pinochet coup
- 2013-08-01 AMERICA/CHILE - A pilot program for street children