AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The welfare state in the nation, the permanent mission, social media: are, among other themes, at the centre of the 95th Ordinary Meeting of the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia, which opened today in Cochabamba.
The Conference received a message by Pope Francis, read by the same Apostolic Nuncio, Mgr. Giambattista Diquattro. The Cardinal Julio Terrazas will offer a message to the Bishops of the country and the people of God, in which he will recall his participation in the Conclave. The works are opened by the President of CEB and Mgr. Oscar Aparicio. As reported to Fides by Mgr. Eugenio Scalpellini, the Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto and General Secretary of the CEB, the bishops will reflect on the events that have characterized the social, political and economic life of the country and will also face the problem of trafficking and drug use.
"Our view on situations that occur in the reality of the country are not a political analysis but a reflection made by the faith and in the light of the Gospel," said the bishop, adding: "A missionary Church must communicate the truth, values and be a leader in the formation of conscience in society." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/04/2013)
- 2015-01-23 - The phenomenon of children abandoned in the streets and violence increases
- 2015-01-05 - "Open your eyes and ears": warning of the church for the election campaign
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions