AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The welfare state in the nation, the permanent mission, social media: are, among other themes, at the centre of the 95th Ordinary Meeting of the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia, which opened today in Cochabamba.
The Conference received a message by Pope Francis, read by the same Apostolic Nuncio, Mgr. Giambattista Diquattro. The Cardinal Julio Terrazas will offer a message to the Bishops of the country and the people of God, in which he will recall his participation in the Conclave. The works are opened by the President of CEB and Mgr. Oscar Aparicio. As reported to Fides by Mgr. Eugenio Scalpellini, the Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto and General Secretary of the CEB, the bishops will reflect on the events that have characterized the social, political and economic life of the country and will also face the problem of trafficking and drug use.
"Our view on situations that occur in the reality of the country are not a political analysis but a reflection made by the faith and in the light of the Gospel," said the bishop, adding: "A missionary Church must communicate the truth, values and be a leader in the formation of conscience in society." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/04/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz