VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni at the Feast of the Pontifical Urban University: to proclaim Christ in the suburbs of humanity
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Pontifical Urban University "has not failed to reflect" on the impressing ecclesial events in recent months, living with intense emotion and spiritual discernment both the renunciation of the Petrine ministry of Pope Benedict XVI and the Conclave, "with the election of the new Bishop of Rome and Successor of Peter in the person of Pope Francis." With these words, spoken this morning in the homily of the Mass celebrated in the chapel of the Pontifical Urban College on the occasion of the 366th patronal feast of the pontifical University, Cardinal Fernando Filoni framed the work and mission of the university community situated on the Janiculum in the current season experienced by the entire ecclesial body.
Commenting on the writings of the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord, the Cardinal - who as Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples is also Chancellor of the Urban University - indicated the source of apostolic concern (hallmark of the Educational Institution that always intends to prepare priests, men and women religious and laity of and for so-called mission territories) in the mystery of Incarnation: "Christ comes out of his divinity," said Cardinal Filoni "and, as Pope Francis would say, out from 'within' the Father and goes towards the suburbs, humanity, where ignorance, sin, ritualism have made faith sterile or completely ignored." In this paradigm - concluded the Cardinal - "our University can find inspiration and purpose of its existence. Let us pray that Mary grants us to continue its mission, which is to handle faith and to prepare new missionaries that proclaim in full fidelity to the Gospel and to the Church. "
During his homily, Cardinal Filoni also reported to have called Pope Francis to visit the Pontifical Urban University and the entire campus in which there is also the Urban College, St. Joseph College and CIAM. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 10/04/2013).
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"
- 2013-12-03 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni opens the Year of Evangelization in Castries: "re-igniting enthusiasm for the proclamation of the Gospel"
- 2013-12-02 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in the Antilles: "be prepared, vigilant and engaged in the mission of Christ"
- 2013-11-30 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of the Antilles , "only joyful, zealous and faithful priests will attract the young to the service of Christ"
- 2013-11-29 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
- 2013-11-28 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at CAM IV/COMLA IX: "Take heart, America! Take heart, Latin America! you can give and do more!"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - ""May the joy of the Gospel reach to all the ends of the earth and all the “peripheries” in need of the light of the Gospel"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - " In this Congress, we place Christ at the center": Cardinal Filoni opened the American Missionary Congress (CAM4-Comla 9) in Maracaibo
- 2013-11-25 VATICAN - The Year of Faith ends in the sign of the mission
- 2013-11-18 VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples