AMERICA/UNITED STATES - Immigrants, Youth and reconstruction of Haiti, the aid priorities of the U.S. bishops
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - The Subcommittee for the Church in Latin America of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has allocated $ 3.1 million to fund about 100 pastoral projects in 19 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The note sent to Fides by USCCB stresses that among the projects funded are those related to the pastoral care of immigrants, to support activities of the pilgrims taking part in World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro 2013 and those for the reconstruction of Haiti.
The Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle and chairman of the Episcopal subcommittee Mgr. Eusebio L. Elizondo said that "we are committed to supporting and providing pastoral care to immigrants, not only in our Country but all over the American continent."
One of the Countries in the region which has obtained funding for these activities is Peru, where the Bishops have "received a grant of $ 15,000 to strengthen the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility, the official organization of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference that takes care of the pastoral care of immigrants ". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/04/2013)
- 2014-07-26 - "Looking for a lawyer to represent undocumented children"
- 2014-07-24 - The Bishop of Brownsville: "In the face of a humanitarian crisis, we need a humanitarian response"
- 2014-07-08 - Forum on Migration: analysis of the reality and operational proposals are being studied
- 2014-06-28 - Solidarity of Churches for the humanitarian emergency of immigrant children
- 2014-06-24 - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
- 2014-06-24 - Children and young immigrants in the U.S.A: "They are not seeking adventure, they are fleeing from a war"
- 2014-06-17 - Peace-building and formation of seminarians in Latin America among the 112projects funded by the U.S. Catholics
- 2014-06-13 - A priest killed and another seriously injured in Phoenix
- 2014-06-11 - The plight of child migrants from Central America and forced to repatriate
- 2014-06-10 - USCCB General Assembly - 2014 June