AMERICA/UNITED STATES - Immigrants, Youth and reconstruction of Haiti, the aid priorities of the U.S. bishops
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - The Subcommittee for the Church in Latin America of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has allocated $ 3.1 million to fund about 100 pastoral projects in 19 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The note sent to Fides by USCCB stresses that among the projects funded are those related to the pastoral care of immigrants, to support activities of the pilgrims taking part in World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro 2013 and those for the reconstruction of Haiti.
The Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle and chairman of the Episcopal subcommittee Mgr. Eusebio L. Elizondo said that "we are committed to supporting and providing pastoral care to immigrants, not only in our Country but all over the American continent."
One of the Countries in the region which has obtained funding for these activities is Peru, where the Bishops have "received a grant of $ 15,000 to strengthen the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility, the official organization of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference that takes care of the pastoral care of immigrants ". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/04/2013)
- 2015-07-29 - Local Catholic Church applauds order to release detained Central American families
- 2015-06-23 - A Mass for solidarity and to ask to stop the deportation of Haitians from Santo Domingo
- 2015-06-23 - Appeal of the UNHCR to the Dominican government: the consequences of expulsion could be devastating
- 2015-05-12 - The Bishops denounce: the immigration system has become an "inhuman industry"
- 2015-05-08 - One hundred immigrants in one day: the flow does not stop, and mostly affects families
- 2015-05-05 - Cardinal Maradiaga visits Central American migrants detained in Dilley
- 2015-04-30 - Archbishop of Baltimore: "truth will heal the wounds"
- 2015-04-10 - New appeal to the President to finally solve the problems of immigrant families
- 2015-03-30 - Little Sisters of The Poor gather for last Mass in Cleveland
- 2015-03-30 - Submitted a bill to facilitate the immigration of Middle Eastern persecuted Christians