AFRICA/SUDAN - The continuous bombing on villages in the Nuba Mountains aims to drive out the civilians
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The Air Force of Khartoum continues to bomb villages of the Nuba Mountains in South Kordofan, State of Sudan on the border with South Sudan, where a strong military confrontation has long been opposing the Sudanese army to the fighters of the SPLM -N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North).
According to a spokesperson of the SPLM-N, quoted by Sudan Radio Network, between March 31 and April 1, the Sudanese planes launched 17 bombs on several villages in the area. According to the report entitled "New War, Old Enemies: Conflict Dynamics in South Kordofan" of the organization Small Arms Survey, aerial bombingt do not bring significant advantages at a military level to the troops of Khartoum in the ongoing fighting, but aim to terrorize civilians, forcing them to flee. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 05/04/2013)
- 2013-11-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Armed militiamen attack farmers and take turns raping women farmers in North Darfur
- 2013-11-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - 7000 inhabitants in South Darfur do not have drinking water and basic services
- 2013-11-06 AFRICA/SUDAN - Air raid on a school in the area of the Nuba Mountains: people killed and wounded
- 2013-10-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Training courses for Sudanese teachers in refugee camps in Chad
- 2013-09-27 AFRICA/SUDAN - Dozens killed in clashes in Khartoum during the protests for the rise in fuel prices
- 2013-09-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - Increasing acts of intimidation against the Church
- 2013-09-25 AFRICA/SUDAN - No food for 10,000 displaced people in 18 months in West Darfur
- 2013-09-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
- 2013-07-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Converted being tracked down"
- 2013-07-22 AFRICA/SUDAN - Humanitarian emergency in Kalma refugee camp in South Darfur