AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - There are more than 50 victims due to the rains, and unfortunately the death toll due to flooding caused by storms that have affected the area of La Plata, in the Province of Buenos Aires is growing by the hour. The Archbishop of La Plata, Mgr. Hector Aguer, sent from Rome condolences to the families of the victims and ordered his bishops to coordinate efforts with Caritas and parishes to assist victims.
Mgr. Aguer called the auxiliary bishop of La Plata, Mgr. Alberto Bochatey to get detailed information about the victims and the damage several affected families have suffered. According to a note sent to Fides, the Archbishop reported that one of the areas most affected is where the Major Seminary of San Jose is situated, in front of Castelli park, and the parish adjacent Our Lady of Mercy, that suffered flooding and serious damage. The water reached one meter inside the buildings. However, the seminarians have provided shelter, food and blankets to dozens of people, including residents and public transport passengers, who had to spend the night in the house of priestly formation. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2013)
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"