AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - There are more than 50 victims due to the rains, and unfortunately the death toll due to flooding caused by storms that have affected the area of La Plata, in the Province of Buenos Aires is growing by the hour. The Archbishop of La Plata, Mgr. Hector Aguer, sent from Rome condolences to the families of the victims and ordered his bishops to coordinate efforts with Caritas and parishes to assist victims.
Mgr. Aguer called the auxiliary bishop of La Plata, Mgr. Alberto Bochatey to get detailed information about the victims and the damage several affected families have suffered. According to a note sent to Fides, the Archbishop reported that one of the areas most affected is where the Major Seminary of San Jose is situated, in front of Castelli park, and the parish adjacent Our Lady of Mercy, that suffered flooding and serious damage. The water reached one meter inside the buildings. However, the seminarians have provided shelter, food and blankets to dozens of people, including residents and public transport passengers, who had to spend the night in the house of priestly formation. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years