AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
Neuquén (Agenzia Fides) - Public education must promote the value and care for life, the integral development of individuals and social cohesion. This is what the Bishops of Patagonia (Argentina) said in their Easter message, sent to Fides. The bishops added that social peace is achieved in particular "with decently paid work for everyone, and the participation of all in the decisions that direct the daily life for the common good."
The Bishops finally thanked God for the new Argentinian Pope, Francis, and asked to pray for his mission to evangelize men and women all over the world and "the daunting task of leading the fragile boat of the Church in the storms of history in which we live." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2013)
- 2013-12-05 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Violence and looting in Cordoba: for the Church these are criminal acts, not due to poverty
- 2013-12-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishop of Oberá calls for a referendum on the construction of two hydroelectric dams
- 2013-11-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The young, family pastoral, missionary commitment and social needs of the country: the plenary assembly of bishops
- 2013-09-18 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Cases of child workers and indigenous people exploited in inhumane conditions have been denounced
- 2013-09-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The Church inherits the grand Luna Park theater, National Monument of Buenos Aires
- 2013-09-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Argentinian priest beatified "who smelt of his sheep, a poor person among the poor"
- 2013-08-21 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Dengue and poverty affect the indigenous of the north of the Country
- 2013-08-19 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "May the Holy Spirit give you strength and make you courageous" said the Pope to the 4th National Missionary Congress
- 2013-08-08 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Legislative elections: "Orient oneself according to the candidates' coherence" say the bishops
- 2013-07-30 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - First anniversary for "El hogar Emaus" that welcomes the homeless