AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
Neuquén (Agenzia Fides) - Public education must promote the value and care for life, the integral development of individuals and social cohesion. This is what the Bishops of Patagonia (Argentina) said in their Easter message, sent to Fides. The bishops added that social peace is achieved in particular "with decently paid work for everyone, and the participation of all in the decisions that direct the daily life for the common good."
The Bishops finally thanked God for the new Argentinian Pope, Francis, and asked to pray for his mission to evangelize men and women all over the world and "the daunting task of leading the fragile boat of the Church in the storms of history in which we live." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2013)
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship
- 2015-07-22 - "Bring Christ to families": hundreds of young people on a mission to Goya
- 2015-07-21 - "Mission, a way of life": towards the fourth National Meeting of Missionary Groups
- 2015-07-15 - Nearly 30 percent of Argentines live in a situation of poverty
- 2015-07-10 - The Archbishop of Tucuman denounces: laws that violate the rights and freedom of conscience, attacks against the Church, a climate of fear
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"