AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
Neuquén (Agenzia Fides) - Public education must promote the value and care for life, the integral development of individuals and social cohesion. This is what the Bishops of Patagonia (Argentina) said in their Easter message, sent to Fides. The bishops added that social peace is achieved in particular "with decently paid work for everyone, and the participation of all in the decisions that direct the daily life for the common good."
The Bishops finally thanked God for the new Argentinian Pope, Francis, and asked to pray for his mission to evangelize men and women all over the world and "the daunting task of leading the fragile boat of the Church in the storms of history in which we live." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2013)
- 2014-03-10 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - New policies for young people are urgently needed, because "drugs have entered all levels of society"
- 2014-03-10 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - There is no adequate treatment for HIV-positive children
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
- 2013-12-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Decent work against the culture of waste": the Pope's message to the MTE
- 2013-12-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops call for social peace: problems have to be faced with dialogue
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "There is social fear, now we have to heal the wounds of the people": the Bishop of Concordia talks about the violence