ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
Kabul (Agenzia Fides) - The extreme poverty in which the majority of the Afghan population lives has fueled the phenomenon of child trafficking, particularly in the last decade. One of the last episodes reported in the local press cites the story of a man in the northern province of Baghlan Afghanistan, following the death of his wife who had just given birth to twins and was forced to sell them to cope with the state of poverty in which he lives in order to allow the survival of the two children. The head of Baghlan hospital, reported that the mother of the twins died during childbirth because she arrived too late at the hospital. It is the first time that a citizen of the town of Pul-e-Khumri sells his children to save the situation. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/04/2013)
- 2013-09-23 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul