AMERICA/PERU - Thousands for the March for Life, rather than a law, the testimony of the population
Lima (Agenzia Fides) -The Episcopal Conference of Peru invites the Archdiocese of Lima and all the faithful to participate in the "March for Life" 2013, which will be held today Saturday, March 23, as a public and peaceful demonstration on behalf of the people and institutions to express with force the defense of life from the first moment of conception until natural death.
There are now thousands of people, young people, adults, pregnant women and children who have committed themselves today to march with flags, allusive T-shirts and encouraging phrases to celebrate the feast of life. There will also be politicians, intellectuals, television artists, and many others who share the cause of the defense of life.
In Peru, the march is held each year during the Day of the Child to be born (March 25). In 2002 the Congress of Peru approved the law n. 27654, which recognizes March 25 as the Day of the Child to be born, which states the defense of the unborn child as a legal person, as recognized by the Political Constitution of Peru.
In addition, each year, information campaigns and education to the people are proposed about the value of human life from its beginning until natural death, these activities have increased the number of people who have volunteered for this initiative. The March for Life will end with a musical, artistic concert. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/03/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth