AMERICA/PERU - Thousands for the March for Life, rather than a law, the testimony of the population
Lima (Agenzia Fides) -The Episcopal Conference of Peru invites the Archdiocese of Lima and all the faithful to participate in the "March for Life" 2013, which will be held today Saturday, March 23, as a public and peaceful demonstration on behalf of the people and institutions to express with force the defense of life from the first moment of conception until natural death.
There are now thousands of people, young people, adults, pregnant women and children who have committed themselves today to march with flags, allusive T-shirts and encouraging phrases to celebrate the feast of life. There will also be politicians, intellectuals, television artists, and many others who share the cause of the defense of life.
In Peru, the march is held each year during the Day of the Child to be born (March 25). In 2002 the Congress of Peru approved the law n. 27654, which recognizes March 25 as the Day of the Child to be born, which states the defense of the unborn child as a legal person, as recognized by the Political Constitution of Peru.
In addition, each year, information campaigns and education to the people are proposed about the value of human life from its beginning until natural death, these activities have increased the number of people who have volunteered for this initiative. The March for Life will end with a musical, artistic concert. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/03/2013)
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo