AMERICA/PERU - Thousands for the March for Life, rather than a law, the testimony of the population
Lima (Agenzia Fides) -The Episcopal Conference of Peru invites the Archdiocese of Lima and all the faithful to participate in the "March for Life" 2013, which will be held today Saturday, March 23, as a public and peaceful demonstration on behalf of the people and institutions to express with force the defense of life from the first moment of conception until natural death.
There are now thousands of people, young people, adults, pregnant women and children who have committed themselves today to march with flags, allusive T-shirts and encouraging phrases to celebrate the feast of life. There will also be politicians, intellectuals, television artists, and many others who share the cause of the defense of life.
In Peru, the march is held each year during the Day of the Child to be born (March 25). In 2002 the Congress of Peru approved the law n. 27654, which recognizes March 25 as the Day of the Child to be born, which states the defense of the unborn child as a legal person, as recognized by the Political Constitution of Peru.
In addition, each year, information campaigns and education to the people are proposed about the value of human life from its beginning until natural death, these activities have increased the number of people who have volunteered for this initiative. The March for Life will end with a musical, artistic concert. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/03/2013)
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest