AMERICA/HONDURAS - "March for Peace", a traditional Via Crucis to stop the violence in the country
Comayagua (Agenzia Fides) – On 22 March the "Caminata por la Paz" (Peace March) will start from the parish of St. Gaspar Taulabé (Comayagua), the procession of thousands of faithful who come from all over Honduras.
"This event is a tradition born at the time of the missionary Manuel de Jesus Subirana and has become an expression of the deep spirituality of our people, that in this way share the pain, the grief and anguish, with the certainty of receiving comfort, forgiveness and the strength to continue to live in our own community," said Father Eduardo Mendez, a pastor who organized the event, which also includes the celebration of the Way of the Cross.
The theme of peace is very much felt in a Country where, as reported in a note sent to Fides, violence is experienced at all levels, from family to civil society. In recent years in particular, there is increasing violence against women: in 2012 417 were killed. (see Fides 21/02/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/03/2013)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light