AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Poverty in the country is three times higher than that of Chile and Uruguay
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - According to a report released by the research center Idesa Argentina, in Peru, poverty has been reduced from 49% to 28% of the population, in Chile from 21% to 11%, in Uruguay from 9 % to 8%. In Venezuela, according to estimates by the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), poverty in 1999 involved 49% of the population, while in 2011, the latest figure available from this source, poverty was reduced to 30% of the population. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/03/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas