AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Poverty in the country is three times higher than that of Chile and Uruguay
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - According to a report released by the research center Idesa Argentina, in Peru, poverty has been reduced from 49% to 28% of the population, in Chile from 21% to 11%, in Uruguay from 9 % to 8%. In Venezuela, according to estimates by the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), poverty in 1999 involved 49% of the population, while in 2011, the latest figure available from this source, poverty was reduced to 30% of the population. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/03/2013)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals