VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni: "Pope Francis exhorts us to evangelize with apostolic zeal"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "The new Pope told us that evangelization presumes apostolic zeal. And one must go out towards those in need, to proclaim the Gospel in the suburbs": is what Cardinal Fernando Filoni said, commenting this morning the choice of the new Pope, in a meeting at the Congregation of "Propaganda Fide ", where Fides Agency was present.
"Today we are called to make this our intuition," the Cardinal said. "Even though at times we may be tired, we are called to proclaim the Gospel always, especially with zeal, which means with love." The new Pope - he continued - "urged us to come out of ourselves, not to yield to the temptation of egocentricity, but to go to the needy, to bring a proclamation of joy and hope to all those organizations marked by material and spiritual poverty. "As Christians engaged in the work of evangelization "we can give our contribution to the Petrine ministry, continuing to lavish our commitment with generosity and love," said Cardinal Filoni.
Then talking about his experience in the Conclave, he remarked: "It was very emotional, as one feels the great responsibility. We Cardinals 'indicated' not elected the new Pope, he was chosen by God. If Mother Teresa prayed to be 'a pencil in the hands of God', for me this election was a dash in God’s plan, it was a unique experience." Cardinal Filoni confirmed that the Pope chose the name Francis referring to Francis of Assisi, "although this choice is significant of his deep humility." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"