ASIA/INDIA - Bishop Machado: "Hindus and Christians welcome Pope Francis, a man of dialogue and charity"
Vasai (Agenzia Fides) - "All the people of India, Hindus and Christians, welcome with joy Pope Francis. We believe he will be a man of dialogue and charity ", says to Fides Agency His Exc. Mgr. Felix Machado, Bishop of Vasai, expressing the feelings of the Indian Church. The Bishop received a large number of phone calls, messages of congratulations from Christian faithful, priests, nuns, but also from Hindus and says: "The first to call and congratulate me was a well-known Hindu religious leader who said: we also prayed for the new Pope, we are happy with you, he is also our Pope. ". "This is really a good omen for us," said the Bishop, noting "the enthusiasm of the Indian people, of all religions, for the Catholic Church."
Mgr. Machado recalls that the Church in India is appreciated and works along two tracks: dialogue towards cultures and religions and charity towards the poor. And, according to the Franciscan spirit, "Pope Francis - hopes the Bishop – will encourage dialogue with other religions, a dialogue in the right way" and "will give a great example of charity, of attention to the poor." "We thank God that he sent us a new Pastor, who gives us the nearness of God to his people," he concludes. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2014-10-22 - Appeal for minorities is shared in civil society
- 2014-10-21 - The Franciscans prepare the Year for consecrated life
- 2014-10-15 - A center of excellence for technical formation regarding disadvantaged young people
- 2014-10-14 - The Franciscan Indians in the front line against violence on women
- 2014-10-10 - Christians to the government: "We are not terrorists"
- 2014-10-10 - Bosco Tea Project for more than 700 tea laborers
- 2014-10-09 - The Jesuits denounce: "600 attacks against religious minorities: stop to violence"
- 2014-10-06 - The marriage between a Christian and a Hindu annulled due to extremist group protest
- 2014-10-02 - Exposition of the relics of St. Francis Xavier
- 2014-10-01 - Closure of the professorship named after Mother Teresa