VATICAN - The missionary world celebrates the election of Francis, a Pope close to the poor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Pope Francis is a man of great pastoral ability of strong faith, a man of prayer and very close to the priests, the elderly, the poor, and above all, a man who emphasized the missionary commitment of the Church in our community and in our city": This is what the General Vicar of the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires, Msgr. Joaquín Sucunza, who worked at the side of card. Bergoglio for 13 years points out in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Vicar notes that "the election is a joy and a huge gift," for the Catholic community in Argentina, but also for the universal faith of the whole Catholic community, noting the joy in the missionary world, in the young churches.
Yesterday, March 13, at 7.06 p.m., a long white smoke from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel followed by the ringing bells announced to the many faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square and to those around the world, via radio, television and the Internet, the election of the new Pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, who took the name of Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"