VATICAN - The missionary world celebrates the election of Francis, a Pope close to the poor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Pope Francis is a man of great pastoral ability of strong faith, a man of prayer and very close to the priests, the elderly, the poor, and above all, a man who emphasized the missionary commitment of the Church in our community and in our city": This is what the General Vicar of the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires, Msgr. Joaquín Sucunza, who worked at the side of card. Bergoglio for 13 years points out in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Vicar notes that "the election is a joy and a huge gift," for the Catholic community in Argentina, but also for the universal faith of the whole Catholic community, noting the joy in the missionary world, in the young churches.
Yesterday, March 13, at 7.06 p.m., a long white smoke from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel followed by the ringing bells announced to the many faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square and to those around the world, via radio, television and the Internet, the election of the new Pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, who took the name of Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2015-12-01 - Cardinal Filoni after his trip to Africa: "It is the faith of the poor that protected the Pope"
- 2015-12-01 - Education and formation for the most vulnerable, among the predominantly Muslim populations
- 2015-12-01 - XIX Plenary - CEP 2015: young Churches and proclamation of the Gospel, between growth and instability
- 2015-12-01 - XIX Plenary - Cep 2015: "The ability to evangelize is combined with the courage to bear witness"
- 2015-11-30 - Cardinal Filoni’s report: those who do not know Christ and the challenges for the Church increase
- 2015-11-27 - Plenary Assembly of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples: missionary awareness and young Churches 50 years after the Ad Gentes Decree
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"