VATICAN - The missionary world celebrates the election of Francis, a Pope close to the poor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "Pope Francis is a man of great pastoral ability of strong faith, a man of prayer and very close to the priests, the elderly, the poor, and above all, a man who emphasized the missionary commitment of the Church in our community and in our city": This is what the General Vicar of the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires, Msgr. Joaquín Sucunza, who worked at the side of card. Bergoglio for 13 years points out in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Vicar notes that "the election is a joy and a huge gift," for the Catholic community in Argentina, but also for the universal faith of the whole Catholic community, noting the joy in the missionary world, in the young churches.
Yesterday, March 13, at 7.06 p.m., a long white smoke from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel followed by the ringing bells announced to the many faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square and to those around the world, via radio, television and the Internet, the election of the new Pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, who took the name of Francis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS