ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Patriarchate: Church-related institutions are to be fair and transparent in the management of financial resources
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Tuesday, March 12, the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans - led by the new Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako, who celebrated his inaugural Mass on Wednesday, March 6 - issued a statement calling on all responsible institutions linked to the Chaldean Church to follow principles of fairness and transparency in the management of financial resources. He recommended everyone to follow the procedures laid down by the laws on accounting, setting aside discretionary practices. All financial projects will have to submitted to the Patriarchate, who will assess the appropriateness and feasibility from a financial standpoint.
Among the institutions mentioned in the patriarchal statement is also Babel College, the faculty of theology and philosophy affiliated with the Pontifical Urban University - and currently in Erbil which represents the only center of high-level Christian theological studies operating in Iraq. The stated intent of the provisions set out in the statement is to "preserve the reputation and credibility of the Church." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/03/2013).
- 2014-11-25 - The jihadists of the Islamic State destroy the convent of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Mosul
- 2014-11-20 - New jihadist blackmail for Christians in Mosul: If you do not pay, your houses will be blown up
- 2014-11-20 - Chaldean Patriarch to Muslims: The barbarous acts committed in the name of Islam recalls Nazism. And your reactions are weak
- 2014-11-19 - Christian houses looted also by the Kurdish Peshmerga militias
- 2014-11-11 - A Mass celebrated again in the Nineveh Plain
- 2014-11-11 - Displaced persons remain isolated and without support due to violence
- 2014-11-07 - The furniture of Christian homes put up for sale in the markets of Mosul
- 2014-11-06 - The Chaldean diocese of Erbil conducts a census of the refugees who fled from the Nineveh Plain
- 2014-11-04 - The Church of St. Ephrem in Mosul could soon be transformed into a mosque
- 2014-11-03 - The Chaldean Patriarch: from Iraqi Premier full support to the Christian communities