ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Patriarchate: Church-related institutions are to be fair and transparent in the management of financial resources
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Tuesday, March 12, the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans - led by the new Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako, who celebrated his inaugural Mass on Wednesday, March 6 - issued a statement calling on all responsible institutions linked to the Chaldean Church to follow principles of fairness and transparency in the management of financial resources. He recommended everyone to follow the procedures laid down by the laws on accounting, setting aside discretionary practices. All financial projects will have to submitted to the Patriarchate, who will assess the appropriateness and feasibility from a financial standpoint.
Among the institutions mentioned in the patriarchal statement is also Babel College, the faculty of theology and philosophy affiliated with the Pontifical Urban University - and currently in Erbil which represents the only center of high-level Christian theological studies operating in Iraq. The stated intent of the provisions set out in the statement is to "preserve the reputation and credibility of the Church." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/03/2013).
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University
- 2015-02-18 - Chaldean Patriarch urges Muslims: Join us in our Lenten fast to obtain the gift of peace
- 2015-02-16 - In Mosul jihadist “patrols” ban Saint Valentine
- 2015-02-12 - The Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk promotes a blood drive for the victims of terrorism
- 2015-02-09 - Synod of Chaldean Bishops: join forces to liberate the lands occupied by jihadists
- 2015-02-05 - The Chaldean Patriarchate: reports on the execution of a priest in Mosul are unfounded
- 2015-01-29 - US Senators: The United States have to encourage the creation of a province for Christians in the Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-13 - Chaldean Patriarchate: no "approval" from the Patriarch to the emigration of Christians in Germany and Canada
- 2015-01-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – They refuse to convert to Islam: 10 elderly Christians expelled from Mosul
- 2014-12-23 - In the autonomous region of Kurdistan, Christmas will be a holiday, in solidarity with Christians