ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Patriarchate: Church-related institutions are to be fair and transparent in the management of financial resources
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - Yesterday, Tuesday, March 12, the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans - led by the new Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako, who celebrated his inaugural Mass on Wednesday, March 6 - issued a statement calling on all responsible institutions linked to the Chaldean Church to follow principles of fairness and transparency in the management of financial resources. He recommended everyone to follow the procedures laid down by the laws on accounting, setting aside discretionary practices. All financial projects will have to submitted to the Patriarchate, who will assess the appropriateness and feasibility from a financial standpoint.
Among the institutions mentioned in the patriarchal statement is also Babel College, the faculty of theology and philosophy affiliated with the Pontifical Urban University - and currently in Erbil which represents the only center of high-level Christian theological studies operating in Iraq. The stated intent of the provisions set out in the statement is to "preserve the reputation and credibility of the Church." (GV) (Agenzia Fides 13/03/2013).
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul
- 2014-07-07 - False news regarding the kidnapping of a priest and a nun in Mosul