ASIA/CHINA - The old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan consecrated and opened
Hai Kou (Agenzia Fides) - On March 9, the old restored church in the city of Hai Kou of the Diocese of Hai Nan was consecrated and opened. According to reports from Faith of Hei Bei, the church dedicated to St. Joseph was the only church in the city before 17 May 2012, the day in which the new church dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was consecrated.
According to the pastor, "the opening of the new church has allowed us to have more space to accommodate the growing number of faithful, but we have not abandoned their strong ties to the old church, which is part of our history. So after a few months of work with the offerings of the faithful, here is the old and the new House of God. We encouraged the faithful to follow the footsteps of the Patron Saint Joseph: To serve the Lord with great humility."
The Diocese of Hai Nan was separated from the Apostolic Vicariate of Pakhoi in 1920, the Apostolic Prefecture of Hai Nan was erected in 1936. Up to thirty years ago, the Diocese of Hai Nan had only one priest, a nun and had only a place of worship of a church. Today the faithful are about 6,000, mostly ethnic Han, as well as some indigenous minorities. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 13/03/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent