AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
Rancagua (Agenzia Fides) - At the beginning of the school year Mgr. Alejandro Goic, Bishop of Rancagua (Chile), hopes that "education can become a benefit for everyone, especially the poor." "The legitimate demands of the students to be accepted by the authorities for the good of all," is what is said in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Bishop then asks everyone to resolve disputes "with productive dialogue and never in the absurd and unnecessary violence."
"In this spirit of availability, concluded Mgr. Goic-we can grow, because a well-educated person will contribute to the fulfillment and realization of a better society."
Chile has seen in recent years, students across the Country grow and organize themselves into a movement that stopped the social life of the country to ask the authorities for a reform of the system of public education. We ask in particular that education becomes available to all, especially the poorest (see Fides 25/08/2011). The Chilean school-age population is 4 million and a half, according to data published by the local press. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire