AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
Rancagua (Agenzia Fides) - At the beginning of the school year Mgr. Alejandro Goic, Bishop of Rancagua (Chile), hopes that "education can become a benefit for everyone, especially the poor." "The legitimate demands of the students to be accepted by the authorities for the good of all," is what is said in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Bishop then asks everyone to resolve disputes "with productive dialogue and never in the absurd and unnecessary violence."
"In this spirit of availability, concluded Mgr. Goic-we can grow, because a well-educated person will contribute to the fulfillment and realization of a better society."
Chile has seen in recent years, students across the Country grow and organize themselves into a movement that stopped the social life of the country to ask the authorities for a reform of the system of public education. We ask in particular that education becomes available to all, especially the poorest (see Fides 25/08/2011). The Chilean school-age population is 4 million and a half, according to data published by the local press. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/CHILE - "Chile has a debt with the Mapuche community," said Msg. Vial in his greetings to the community
- 2013-05-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "Candidates need to impress people with a real project," said the Bishop of Rancagua
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/CHILE - Family, education, entrepreneurship: Pastoral Letter to the Chilean politicians in view of the presidential elections
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/CHILE - "Family, public education and well-paid job," the concern of the Church
- 2013-04-05 AMERICA/CHILE - Less Catholics in the country, "a fact that cannot leave us indifferent," says the Church
- 2013-03-07 AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
- 2013-02-26 AMERICA/CHILE - The Community of Santiago greets the first missionary of St. Colombano in Chile
- 2013-01-24 AMERICA/CHILE - "From the heart of Aparecida, to live as missionary disciples": a thousand young people at the First National Congress of Catholic youth
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/CHILE - "A Problem that affects everyone": meeting of the Justice and Peace Commission for the Mapuche conflict
- 2013-01-10 AMERICA/CHILE - "The situation of indigenous peoples requires the remedy of centuries of marginalization and injustice": Bishops on Mapuche