AMERICA/CHILE - Education should become a benefit for everyone is what the Bishop of Rancagua hopes
Rancagua (Agenzia Fides) - At the beginning of the school year Mgr. Alejandro Goic, Bishop of Rancagua (Chile), hopes that "education can become a benefit for everyone, especially the poor." "The legitimate demands of the students to be accepted by the authorities for the good of all," is what is said in a note sent to Fides Agency. The Bishop then asks everyone to resolve disputes "with productive dialogue and never in the absurd and unnecessary violence."
"In this spirit of availability, concluded Mgr. Goic-we can grow, because a well-educated person will contribute to the fulfillment and realization of a better society."
Chile has seen in recent years, students across the Country grow and organize themselves into a movement that stopped the social life of the country to ask the authorities for a reform of the system of public education. We ask in particular that education becomes available to all, especially the poorest (see Fides 25/08/2011). The Chilean school-age population is 4 million and a half, according to data published by the local press. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2014-01-09 AMERICA/CHILE - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 AMERICA/CHILE - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco
- 2013-12-17 AMERICA/CHILE - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
- 2013-12-16 AMERICA/CHILE - Michelle Bachelet, Chile's new president
- 2013-11-23 AMERICA/CHILE - A community divided in two in order to protect the environment threatened by the Pascua Lama project
- 2013-11-22 AMERICA/CHILE - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
- 2013-11-08 AMERICA/CHILE – Mgr. Ezzati re-elected President of the CECh; waiting for the final message of the Assembly
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
- 2013-10-11 AMERICA/CHILE - "Water should not be anyone's privilege": the first congress for water in Chile
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions