AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Mass in honor of the late President of Venezuela Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias will be held tomorrow Friday, March 8 at 7 pm in the Church of Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna dei Monti, 41, presided by Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, Archbishop of Caracas who is in Rome to attend the conclave that will elect the new Pope.
This was communicated to Fides by Cardinal Urosa Savino himself and called on all Venezuelans to participate in the Eucharist. The Archbishop of Caracas in a statement sent to Fides (see Fides 06/03/2013) expressed his condolences to the family of the late President, and called on all sectors of society to promote peace and harmony of the people.
Yesterday, the Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela (CEV), Monsignor Jesus Gonzalez de Zarate expressed the Church’s sorrow for the death of the President and feelings of solidarity with his family to the national press, Despite some episodes of tension between Church and State, the concern for the welfare of the population has always kept dialogue and cooperation between the two parties alive (see Fides 08/06/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas