AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Mass in honor of the late President of Venezuela Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias will be held tomorrow Friday, March 8 at 7 pm in the Church of Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna dei Monti, 41, presided by Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, Archbishop of Caracas who is in Rome to attend the conclave that will elect the new Pope.
This was communicated to Fides by Cardinal Urosa Savino himself and called on all Venezuelans to participate in the Eucharist. The Archbishop of Caracas in a statement sent to Fides (see Fides 06/03/2013) expressed his condolences to the family of the late President, and called on all sectors of society to promote peace and harmony of the people.
Yesterday, the Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela (CEV), Monsignor Jesus Gonzalez de Zarate expressed the Church’s sorrow for the death of the President and feelings of solidarity with his family to the national press, Despite some episodes of tension between Church and State, the concern for the welfare of the population has always kept dialogue and cooperation between the two parties alive (see Fides 08/06/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - "The situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue", said Mgr. Parra Sandoval
- 2014-04-14 - Cardinal Urosa invites to find every possible path to solve the serious problems in the country, due to general discomfort
- 2014-04-11 - Pope Francis writes to Venezuelan leaders and opposition ahead of key talks
- 2014-04-08 - Growing concerns about insecurity, while today Maduro meets the opposition
- 2014-04-03 - The Bishops alarm after two months of violence: "Venezuela government seeks 'totalitarian' regime"
- 2014-03-29 - The Holy See "willing and eager" to help Venezuela
- 2014-03-25 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
- 2014-03-21 - Bishops, missionaries, believers from all over the country: we want peace!
- 2014-03-15 - The Church: stop to the violence in Venezuela
- 2014-03-11 - One cannot stop violence with violence