AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Mass in honor of the late President of Venezuela Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias will be held tomorrow Friday, March 8 at 7 pm in the Church of Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna dei Monti, 41, presided by Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, Archbishop of Caracas who is in Rome to attend the conclave that will elect the new Pope.
This was communicated to Fides by Cardinal Urosa Savino himself and called on all Venezuelans to participate in the Eucharist. The Archbishop of Caracas in a statement sent to Fides (see Fides 06/03/2013) expressed his condolences to the family of the late President, and called on all sectors of society to promote peace and harmony of the people.
Yesterday, the Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela (CEV), Monsignor Jesus Gonzalez de Zarate expressed the Church’s sorrow for the death of the President and feelings of solidarity with his family to the national press, Despite some episodes of tension between Church and State, the concern for the welfare of the population has always kept dialogue and cooperation between the two parties alive (see Fides 08/06/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers
- 2014-07-12 - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops