AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Mass in honor of the late President of Venezuela Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias will be held tomorrow Friday, March 8 at 7 pm in the Church of Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna dei Monti, 41, presided by Cardinal Jorge Urosa Savino, Archbishop of Caracas who is in Rome to attend the conclave that will elect the new Pope.
This was communicated to Fides by Cardinal Urosa Savino himself and called on all Venezuelans to participate in the Eucharist. The Archbishop of Caracas in a statement sent to Fides (see Fides 06/03/2013) expressed his condolences to the family of the late President, and called on all sectors of society to promote peace and harmony of the people.
Yesterday, the Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela (CEV), Monsignor Jesus Gonzalez de Zarate expressed the Church’s sorrow for the death of the President and feelings of solidarity with his family to the national press, Despite some episodes of tension between Church and State, the concern for the welfare of the population has always kept dialogue and cooperation between the two parties alive (see Fides 08/06/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/03/2013)
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found