AMERICA/HONDURAS - "The participation of citizens in political life, frees people from violence," the Bishops’ message
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Conference of Honduras has launched an appeal to work for reconciliation and to "overcome the divisions and conflicts that weaken us against our real enemies: corruption, injustice, deception, abuse of power, inequality, impunity, misunderstandings, marginalization, impoverishment and everything that we could have won if we had lived together and reconciled." So we read in the final communiqué issued at the end of the Ordinary Assembly of Bishops.
While the Country is preparing for the presidential elections, the Bishops have re-launched the appeal for a responsible citizen participation in the electoral process. "The participation of citizens in political life is the force that helps to free people from the slavery caused by violence, economic crisis, unemployment, uncontrolled rising price of food and primary consumer goods," says the text.
The document was published on February 15, but is continually cited by local media in preparation for the presidential elections on November 10. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/03/2013)
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace