ASIA/CHINA - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding lives Lent in the Year of Faith
Bao Ding (Agenzia Fides) - With faith and the Word of God, the Diocese of Bao Ding of He Bei province of mainland China lives Lent in the Year of Faith. According to what Faith of He Bei reported, the Diocese of Bao Ding, historical stronghold of Chinese Catholicism, continues to be an exemplary community for its faith thanks to the community commitment and its continuous spiritual journey, and especially in Lent which is an important moment of the Church's liturgy.
At the end of February, five days of youth faith formation were held organized by the diocesan nuns. During this period, young Catholics consolidated their Christian identity and missionary awareness through update on the documents of the Second Vatican Council and the Door of Faith .....
Even the parish of Dong Lv where the most famous Marian shrine of China is located, organized three days of prayer meetings for hundreds of lay people. The Word of God is their central theme because according to the organizer, the Sacred Scripture is important both for the life of one’s faith and for evangelization.
The newly baptized, elderly, sick and disadvantaged families are at the center of attention of the parish of An Guo. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent