VATICAN - The missionary Congregation: "Thank you to Benedict XVI, let us pray for the successor "
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On the first day of the "Vacant See", the officials of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples (CEP), gathered in a weekly work meeting, listened to the exhortation of the Secretary of the missionary Congregation, His Exc. Mgr. Savio Hon Tai-Fai, who recalled and thanked Pope Benedict XVI.
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai told those present that he greeted the Prefect of "Propaganda Fide", Cardinal Fernando Filoni yesterday at 2.30 p.m., on behalf of the entire Congregation. And in the morning, before the farewell speech held by the Pope to the cardinals, the Secretary assured the Prefect "support and prayer for the work that the Cardinals will carry out."
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai remarked that "the Prefect did not go to the Holy Father’s farewell hearing alone, but brought with him the filial devotion of all of us working at the CEP and, through us, also the devotion and the affection of the Churches in mission territories. " The officials then listened to the Pope's speech again at the hearing yesterday morning.
"His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is a man who worships Truth and makes it known tirelessly; he is a man who proclaims and practices charity and promotes communion in Christ, that is the Truth, and our hope," said Archbishop Hon Tai Make . "While Benedict XVI accompanies us through prayer - he continued – in this period that the Church is living, we remain steadfast in fidelity to the mission, praying that the Cardinals, asked to choose the new Pope, to be obedient to the Holy Spirit." "We always need a Father, Pastor and Teacher," said the Secretary.
The Archbishop recalled the principle of " Sede vacante nihil innovetur." Even during the Angelus prayer, the officials of the CEP prayed and expressed "full support for the Church, that has to discern the new Supreme Pontiff." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 01/03/2013)
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"
- 2013-12-03 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni opens the Year of Evangelization in Castries: "re-igniting enthusiasm for the proclamation of the Gospel"
- 2013-12-02 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in the Antilles: "be prepared, vigilant and engaged in the mission of Christ"
- 2013-11-30 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of the Antilles , "only joyful, zealous and faithful priests will attract the young to the service of Christ"
- 2013-11-29 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
- 2013-11-28 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at CAM IV/COMLA IX: "Take heart, America! Take heart, Latin America! you can give and do more!"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - ""May the joy of the Gospel reach to all the ends of the earth and all the “peripheries” in need of the light of the Gospel"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - " In this Congress, we place Christ at the center": Cardinal Filoni opened the American Missionary Congress (CAM4-Comla 9) in Maracaibo
- 2013-11-25 VATICAN - The Year of Faith ends in the sign of the mission
- 2013-11-18 VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples