VATICAN - The missionary Congregation: "Thank you to Benedict XVI, let us pray for the successor "
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On the first day of the "Vacant See", the officials of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples (CEP), gathered in a weekly work meeting, listened to the exhortation of the Secretary of the missionary Congregation, His Exc. Mgr. Savio Hon Tai-Fai, who recalled and thanked Pope Benedict XVI.
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai told those present that he greeted the Prefect of "Propaganda Fide", Cardinal Fernando Filoni yesterday at 2.30 p.m., on behalf of the entire Congregation. And in the morning, before the farewell speech held by the Pope to the cardinals, the Secretary assured the Prefect "support and prayer for the work that the Cardinals will carry out."
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai remarked that "the Prefect did not go to the Holy Father’s farewell hearing alone, but brought with him the filial devotion of all of us working at the CEP and, through us, also the devotion and the affection of the Churches in mission territories. " The officials then listened to the Pope's speech again at the hearing yesterday morning.
"His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is a man who worships Truth and makes it known tirelessly; he is a man who proclaims and practices charity and promotes communion in Christ, that is the Truth, and our hope," said Archbishop Hon Tai Make . "While Benedict XVI accompanies us through prayer - he continued – in this period that the Church is living, we remain steadfast in fidelity to the mission, praying that the Cardinals, asked to choose the new Pope, to be obedient to the Holy Spirit." "We always need a Father, Pastor and Teacher," said the Secretary.
The Archbishop recalled the principle of " Sede vacante nihil innovetur." Even during the Angelus prayer, the officials of the CEP prayed and expressed "full support for the Church, that has to discern the new Supreme Pontiff." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 01/03/2013)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide