VATICAN - The missionary Congregation: "Thank you to Benedict XVI, let us pray for the successor "
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On the first day of the "Vacant See", the officials of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples (CEP), gathered in a weekly work meeting, listened to the exhortation of the Secretary of the missionary Congregation, His Exc. Mgr. Savio Hon Tai-Fai, who recalled and thanked Pope Benedict XVI.
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai told those present that he greeted the Prefect of "Propaganda Fide", Cardinal Fernando Filoni yesterday at 2.30 p.m., on behalf of the entire Congregation. And in the morning, before the farewell speech held by the Pope to the cardinals, the Secretary assured the Prefect "support and prayer for the work that the Cardinals will carry out."
Archbishop Hon Tai-Fai remarked that "the Prefect did not go to the Holy Father’s farewell hearing alone, but brought with him the filial devotion of all of us working at the CEP and, through us, also the devotion and the affection of the Churches in mission territories. " The officials then listened to the Pope's speech again at the hearing yesterday morning.
"His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI is a man who worships Truth and makes it known tirelessly; he is a man who proclaims and practices charity and promotes communion in Christ, that is the Truth, and our hope," said Archbishop Hon Tai Make . "While Benedict XVI accompanies us through prayer - he continued – in this period that the Church is living, we remain steadfast in fidelity to the mission, praying that the Cardinals, asked to choose the new Pope, to be obedient to the Holy Spirit." "We always need a Father, Pastor and Teacher," said the Secretary.
The Archbishop recalled the principle of " Sede vacante nihil innovetur." Even during the Angelus prayer, the officials of the CEP prayed and expressed "full support for the Church, that has to discern the new Supreme Pontiff." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 01/03/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel