ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) – An intensely spiritual path walked by the Chinese mainland Catholic community, was marked by spiritual direction and formation in the faith and evangelisation . According to He Bei diocesan bulletin’ Faith’ , priests from the Xin Cheng community of Inner Mongolia are visiting basic Christian Communities in these remote areas to help them rediscover the faith and receive formation in the faith. In three days of meetings the community of Xin Cheng meditated on the following themes: “God is Love”, “Open your heart to draw near to God”, “Accept trials from the Lord” presented by one of the itinerant priest. For the faithful these “three days of spirituality which began yesterday 24 February, are a time of spiritual re-charging which bought us new life”.
The diocese of San Yuan in the province of Shaan Xi chose a missionary theme for the Lenten formation of the faithful, held 17 to 24 February. Some 87 lay Catholics, fully active in community life in all 35 parishes, took part in the course of Formation in “the home of the disciples”; “rediscovering the faith increases efforts for evangelisation ”. Yesterday the solemn celebration of Mass for the second Sunday of Lent concluded 8 days of formation.
(NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2013/02/25)
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children