ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) – An intensely spiritual path walked by the Chinese mainland Catholic community, was marked by spiritual direction and formation in the faith and evangelisation . According to He Bei diocesan bulletin’ Faith’ , priests from the Xin Cheng community of Inner Mongolia are visiting basic Christian Communities in these remote areas to help them rediscover the faith and receive formation in the faith. In three days of meetings the community of Xin Cheng meditated on the following themes: “God is Love”, “Open your heart to draw near to God”, “Accept trials from the Lord” presented by one of the itinerant priest. For the faithful these “three days of spirituality which began yesterday 24 February, are a time of spiritual re-charging which bought us new life”.
The diocese of San Yuan in the province of Shaan Xi chose a missionary theme for the Lenten formation of the faithful, held 17 to 24 February. Some 87 lay Catholics, fully active in community life in all 35 parishes, took part in the course of Formation in “the home of the disciples”; “rediscovering the faith increases efforts for evangelisation ”. Yesterday the solemn celebration of Mass for the second Sunday of Lent concluded 8 days of formation.
(NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2013/02/25)
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution