ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholic community walks intensely spiritual path marked by faith and evangelisation
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) – An intensely spiritual path walked by the Chinese mainland Catholic community, was marked by spiritual direction and formation in the faith and evangelisation . According to He Bei diocesan bulletin’ Faith’ , priests from the Xin Cheng community of Inner Mongolia are visiting basic Christian Communities in these remote areas to help them rediscover the faith and receive formation in the faith. In three days of meetings the community of Xin Cheng meditated on the following themes: “God is Love”, “Open your heart to draw near to God”, “Accept trials from the Lord” presented by one of the itinerant priest. For the faithful these “three days of spirituality which began yesterday 24 February, are a time of spiritual re-charging which bought us new life”.
The diocese of San Yuan in the province of Shaan Xi chose a missionary theme for the Lenten formation of the faithful, held 17 to 24 February. Some 87 lay Catholics, fully active in community life in all 35 parishes, took part in the course of Formation in “the home of the disciples”; “rediscovering the faith increases efforts for evangelisation ”. Yesterday the solemn celebration of Mass for the second Sunday of Lent concluded 8 days of formation.
(NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2013/02/25)
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city