ASIA/HONGKONG - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic world of social communications in Hong Kong is in perfect harmony with the Message issued by Pope Benedict XVI for this year’s World Communications Day with the theme " Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization."
According to Kung Kao Po, Hong Kong’s diocesan bulletin, the Papal Message was welcomed with enthusiasm by local social communications workers.
A local diocesan priest Fr Philip Chan Tak Hung, promoter of a daily meditation on the Gospel on Facebook, "the initiative is increasing the number of interlocutors, Catholics and non. Besides addressing the parish and parishioners, this new means of communications allows me to spread the Gospel and the message of the Church and to bring the light of the truth and faith to these new spaces for evangelization ".
According to a member of the Youth Pastoral Commission the new means for communications is greatly appreciated by today’s young people. "On Facebook, we present church activities, information on the Church and also the Church’s views on important issues ". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 19/02/2013)
- 2015-02-09 - The preciousness of consecrated life: three days of celebrations
- 2014-12-06 - Show everyone “the joy of consecrated life”, use Facebook to foster vocations
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent
- 2013-02-14 - Catholic school students - an active part in the Chinese New Year Fair
- 2013-02-04 - "We are all missionaries": the way of WYD in Hong Kong sponsored by the Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese begins