ASIA/MYANMAR - The Bishops: the Pope's prayer will purify the Church
Yangon (Agenzia Fides) - "We support the decision of the Pope with prayer and we are sure that his prayers will continue to purify the Church for centuries to come": is what His Exc. Mgr. Charles Maung Bo, Archbishop of Yangon said in a message sent to Fides Agency, expressing the sentiments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Myanmar, of which he is the Secretary General.
"In the turbulent waters of the dictatorship of relativism - the text notes - our Holy Father led the ark of faith with courage and tireless zeal. He was the morning star of hope for the faithful tossed about on a stormy sea of modernism ":
Archbishop Bo said that "for half a century, since the II Vatican Council, Joseph Ratzinger gave his life and his charisma, putting his faith, solid as a rock, at the service of the only Catholic Church, protecting it from the dangers of the time and attacks of relativism."
"His leadership - the message continues - in recent years enriched us, his knowledge, his new interpretation of the life of Jesus of Nazareth, his force for the new evangelization, the proclamation of the Year of Faith and his encyclicals on Charity will remain impressed on the soul and heart."
Mgr. Bo expresses the "thank you" of the Burmese Church: "We are grateful to the Pope for the great gifts that we have received through our Good Shepherd, for his deep faith, for his unwavering commitment to spread the teachings of the Lord, for his moral certainty, for his mercy and for his courage in the midst of so many challenges."
The Bishops of Myanmar will always remember "the concern expressed by the Pope during their ad limina visits, the generosity after the cyclone Nargis, the blessings given." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Cardinal Bo: "A year of mercy for Myanmar"
- 2015-11-21 - Cardinal Bo: "A nation on the threshold of hope"
- 2015-11-17 - The victory of the National League for Democracy confirmed
- 2015-11-11 - Aung San Suu Kyi’s party wins: now national reconciliation
- 2015-11-10 - The Church: "After the elections, new hope for a future of unity in the nation"
- 2015-11-06 - Appeal for tolerance and respect for human rights during elections
- 2015-11-05 - Cardinal Bo: "Voting is a pilgrimage of hope"
- 2015-10-30 - Respect and coexistence as the basis for democracy
- 2015-09-25 - Cardinal Bo: "free and transparent elections"
- 2015-08-05 - Thousands of victims because of heavy flooding