ASIA/MYANMAR - The Bishops: the Pope's prayer will purify the Church
Yangon (Agenzia Fides) - "We support the decision of the Pope with prayer and we are sure that his prayers will continue to purify the Church for centuries to come": is what His Exc. Mgr. Charles Maung Bo, Archbishop of Yangon said in a message sent to Fides Agency, expressing the sentiments of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Myanmar, of which he is the Secretary General.
"In the turbulent waters of the dictatorship of relativism - the text notes - our Holy Father led the ark of faith with courage and tireless zeal. He was the morning star of hope for the faithful tossed about on a stormy sea of modernism ":
Archbishop Bo said that "for half a century, since the II Vatican Council, Joseph Ratzinger gave his life and his charisma, putting his faith, solid as a rock, at the service of the only Catholic Church, protecting it from the dangers of the time and attacks of relativism."
"His leadership - the message continues - in recent years enriched us, his knowledge, his new interpretation of the life of Jesus of Nazareth, his force for the new evangelization, the proclamation of the Year of Faith and his encyclicals on Charity will remain impressed on the soul and heart."
Mgr. Bo expresses the "thank you" of the Burmese Church: "We are grateful to the Pope for the great gifts that we have received through our Good Shepherd, for his deep faith, for his unwavering commitment to spread the teachings of the Lord, for his moral certainty, for his mercy and for his courage in the midst of so many challenges."
The Bishops of Myanmar will always remember "the concern expressed by the Pope during their ad limina visits, the generosity after the cyclone Nargis, the blessings given." (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2013-11-19 ASIA/MYANMAR - Over 2,000 newly displaced people in Kachin areas: alarm on behalf of Caritas
- 2013-11-13 ASIA/MYANMAR - Buddhist protest against the visit of the Organization of the Islamic Conference
- 2013-10-29 ASIA/MYANMAR - Ethnic minorities at a conference: a common strategy in view of a peace agreement
- 2013-10-22 ASIA/MYANMAR - Archbishop of Yangon: next to Pope Francis, to evangelize with mercy
- 2013-10-11 ASIA/MYANMAR - Religious leaders work for peace
- 2013-10-07 ASIA/MYANMAR - The Church's appeal, after the religious conflicts: "In the new Myanmar there is no place for hatred"
- 2013-08-23 ASIA/MYANMAR - Appeal of the Church and civil society: "In ethnic and religious diversity, the path is dialogue"
- 2013-06-28 ASIA/MYANMAR - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Stop religious hatred; together for the development of the country"
- 2013-06-24 ASIA/MYANMAR - Archbishop of Yangon: "The Church architect of the dialogue to stop religious conflicts"
- 2013-06-20 ASIA/MYANMAR - The Bishops: education, federalism, interfaith harmony are the challenges for the nation