AMERICA/MEXICO - Missionary Congress of the PMS in Mexico followed around the world via the Internet
Tepatitlán of Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - The eighth edition of the Diocesan Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (VIII Codiam) under the slogan: "Teens and missionary children, with joy we share our faith" was held in the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos, in Mexico.
The impressive missionary feast was held from 8 to 10 February, in the beautiful city of Tepatitlán of Morelos, Jalisco.
This city, known as the "Perla de los Altos de Jalisco" welcomed more than 2,048 children and young people who came from the 86 parishes that make up the diocese, and that for more than three months prepared and trained for this missionary celebration.
According to a note sent to Fides by the PMS Mexico, was not a Congress like the others, because during the course of the CODIAM VIII, the Pontifical Mission Societies of Mexico, through the website www.ompemexico.org.mx were able to transmit the event which was followed by 27. 549 people from all over the world, in more than 454 cities in 49 Countries, including the USA, Canada, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Guatemala, Argentina, as well as Spain, Italy, France, Poland, Germany, Japan, Philippines , China and South Korea, Senegal and Zambia-.
The Congress would not have been possible without the participation of the laity, especially the families who hosted over 2000 children, the whole team of 130 young people who were part of the organization, of the logistics and animation. We must also acknowledge the collaboration of the entire priesthood of the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos who worked in the promotion of the missionary event. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace