AMERICA/MEXICO - Missionary Congress of the PMS in Mexico followed around the world via the Internet
Tepatitlán of Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - The eighth edition of the Diocesan Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (VIII Codiam) under the slogan: "Teens and missionary children, with joy we share our faith" was held in the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos, in Mexico.
The impressive missionary feast was held from 8 to 10 February, in the beautiful city of Tepatitlán of Morelos, Jalisco.
This city, known as the "Perla de los Altos de Jalisco" welcomed more than 2,048 children and young people who came from the 86 parishes that make up the diocese, and that for more than three months prepared and trained for this missionary celebration.
According to a note sent to Fides by the PMS Mexico, was not a Congress like the others, because during the course of the CODIAM VIII, the Pontifical Mission Societies of Mexico, through the website www.ompemexico.org.mx were able to transmit the event which was followed by 27. 549 people from all over the world, in more than 454 cities in 49 Countries, including the USA, Canada, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Guatemala, Argentina, as well as Spain, Italy, France, Poland, Germany, Japan, Philippines , China and South Korea, Senegal and Zambia-.
The Congress would not have been possible without the participation of the laity, especially the families who hosted over 2000 children, the whole team of 130 young people who were part of the organization, of the logistics and animation. We must also acknowledge the collaboration of the entire priesthood of the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos who worked in the promotion of the missionary event. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - Children do not want to speak indigenous languages for fear of discrimination
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - "We want peace!": The Bishop of Apatzingan leads a march with thousands of faithful
- 2013-11-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - A net divides the two countries, many families and even the altar for the Mass for Migrants
- 2013-10-31 AMERICA/MEXICO - No to Halloween, "we must enhance our traditions", says the Bishop of Aguascalientes