AMERICA/MEXICO - Missionary Congress of the PMS in Mexico followed around the world via the Internet
Tepatitlán of Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - The eighth edition of the Diocesan Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (VIII Codiam) under the slogan: "Teens and missionary children, with joy we share our faith" was held in the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos, in Mexico.
The impressive missionary feast was held from 8 to 10 February, in the beautiful city of Tepatitlán of Morelos, Jalisco.
This city, known as the "Perla de los Altos de Jalisco" welcomed more than 2,048 children and young people who came from the 86 parishes that make up the diocese, and that for more than three months prepared and trained for this missionary celebration.
According to a note sent to Fides by the PMS Mexico, was not a Congress like the others, because during the course of the CODIAM VIII, the Pontifical Mission Societies of Mexico, through the website www.ompemexico.org.mx were able to transmit the event which was followed by 27. 549 people from all over the world, in more than 454 cities in 49 Countries, including the USA, Canada, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Guatemala, Argentina, as well as Spain, Italy, France, Poland, Germany, Japan, Philippines , China and South Korea, Senegal and Zambia-.
The Congress would not have been possible without the participation of the laity, especially the families who hosted over 2000 children, the whole team of 130 young people who were part of the organization, of the logistics and animation. We must also acknowledge the collaboration of the entire priesthood of the Diocese of San Juan de los Lagos who worked in the promotion of the missionary event. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend