ASIA/TAIWAN - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
Tai Chun (Agenzia Fides) - "Against all forms of violence, we must protect life." Ecumenism, the promotion of indigenous peoples and the most vulnerable continue to be the main objective of the National Council of Churches of Taiwan. This was confirmed during the 12th Plenary Assembly held in recent days during which a summary of the work carried out in 2012 was made, the project for 2013 was presented and new leaders elected.
The National Council of Churches of Taiwan is composed of 15 Christian denominations, including the Catholic Church, and is very active in ecumenism. During the recent week of prayer for Christian unity, there were a number of meetings, conferences and seminars on the Christian reality in Taiwan which was attended by over 400 people. On this occasion, the campaign "30 days against violence in Taiwan", "gender equality and spiritual growth", "defend life" with the aim to raise awarness in society were also launched. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2013)
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained