ASIA/PAKISTAN - World Day of the Sick: "Take care of the sick and preach the Gospel"
Okara (Agenzia Fides) - On February 11 the World Day of the Sick was celebrated. Worldwide several initiatives were promoted, among them the Lay Camillian Family (LCF) together with the group of charismatic prayer St. Camillus, animated a Mass celebrated in the church of Our Lady of Mercy in Rehmpur, Okara, in the diocese of Faisalabad. The celebration was presided by Father Mushtaq Anjum, MI, concelebrated by the parish priest, Father Samson Peter, and father Samuel Saeed. The Camillian priest, in his homily, wanted to highlight the responsibility of family members towards the treatment and care of their patients. "People suffering have always been a priority for Jesus Christ," said Father Mushtaq to Fides Agency. "In addition, we as baptized faithful to Christ, lay Camillians and health professionals, must continue to follow his mandate which is to heal the sick and preach the Gospel." "The celebration of the Day – continued the priest - calls us Christians to become “Good Samaritans” and take care of the sick; it equally calls the healthcare workers to act like Christ and become instruments of healing and good health to those entrusted to their care." In this Year of Faith we are particularly called to put into practice our faith in the service of the sick," concludes Father Mushtaq. At the end of Mass, the group of lay Camillians visited the sick in their homes, bringing the Eucharist and stopping to pray with them. Among them, a poor man with heart problems that members of the LCF decided to help and assist for his medical needs. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2013)
- 2014-08-21 - Violence against minorities: a 12-year-old Christian girl raped by a gang
- 2014-08-20 - Christian leaders in Pakistan: "The international community must wake up"
- 2014-07-28 - "Terrorism and intolerance are the wounds of Pakistan"
- 2014-07-24 - Also displaced Christians and Hindus from North Waziristan: no to discrimination
- 2014-07-05 - Escape from terrorism and extremism: the exodus of religious minorities has started
- 2014-07-03 - Terrorist groups settle in the Christian area of Essa Nagri in Karachi
- 2014-07-01 - Solidarity towards the orphans of the massacre in the church of Peshawar
- 2014-06-30 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "A new springtime for the Church in our country"
- 2014-06-28 - Discrimination and violence against a Christian businessman, threatened by Islamic extremists
- 2014-06-25 - Petition filed at the High Court: fix a trial date for Asia Bibi