ASIA/PAKISTAN - World Day of the Sick: "Take care of the sick and preach the Gospel"
Okara (Agenzia Fides) - On February 11 the World Day of the Sick was celebrated. Worldwide several initiatives were promoted, among them the Lay Camillian Family (LCF) together with the group of charismatic prayer St. Camillus, animated a Mass celebrated in the church of Our Lady of Mercy in Rehmpur, Okara, in the diocese of Faisalabad. The celebration was presided by Father Mushtaq Anjum, MI, concelebrated by the parish priest, Father Samson Peter, and father Samuel Saeed. The Camillian priest, in his homily, wanted to highlight the responsibility of family members towards the treatment and care of their patients. "People suffering have always been a priority for Jesus Christ," said Father Mushtaq to Fides Agency. "In addition, we as baptized faithful to Christ, lay Camillians and health professionals, must continue to follow his mandate which is to heal the sick and preach the Gospel." "The celebration of the Day – continued the priest - calls us Christians to become “Good Samaritans” and take care of the sick; it equally calls the healthcare workers to act like Christ and become instruments of healing and good health to those entrusted to their care." In this Year of Faith we are particularly called to put into practice our faith in the service of the sick," concludes Father Mushtaq. At the end of Mass, the group of lay Camillians visited the sick in their homes, bringing the Eucharist and stopping to pray with them. Among them, a poor man with heart problems that members of the LCF decided to help and assist for his medical needs. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2013)
- 2015-02-25 - New Amnesty Report: "Religious intolerance increases"
- 2015-02-23 - Robbery and kidnapping in a Catholic church
- 2015-02-17 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Women’s Day in Faisalabad: greater rights and dignity for working women
- 2015-02-16 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Expectation for appeal verdict for the murderer of governor Taseer
- 2015-02-13 - Blasphemy: the judiciary in Punjab lists 50 unfounded cases and organizes rapid trials
- 2015-02-10 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "Blessed are the parents who teach love, not hatred to their children"
- 2015-01-31 - "Ensuring security and justice for minorities": New Report by Human Rights Watch
- 2015-01-30 - Anti-Charlie Hebdo protesters storm Christian school
- 2015-01-29 - Legal battle for the custody of the children of the Christian couple burned alive
- 2015-01-28 - Taseer murder, justice to the test