EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "There is no justice without equality" is the theme of the campaign promoted by the Catholic organization Manos Unidas Spanish that will start on February 5. In some countries, being a woman is risky even before birth, 60% of people suffering from chronic hunger are women and girls, as well as 98% of trafficking victims worldwide. The goal of the campaign is to denounce the many injustices and abuses suffered by women in their journey towards equality, as well as demonstrate how, with commitment and determination, one can overcome the gap between men and women in many societies. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2013)
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"