EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "There is no justice without equality" is the theme of the campaign promoted by the Catholic organization Manos Unidas Spanish that will start on February 5. In some countries, being a woman is risky even before birth, 60% of people suffering from chronic hunger are women and girls, as well as 98% of trafficking victims worldwide. The goal of the campaign is to denounce the many injustices and abuses suffered by women in their journey towards equality, as well as demonstrate how, with commitment and determination, one can overcome the gap between men and women in many societies. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2013)
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them