EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "There is no justice without equality" is the theme of the campaign promoted by the Catholic organization Manos Unidas Spanish that will start on February 5. In some countries, being a woman is risky even before birth, 60% of people suffering from chronic hunger are women and girls, as well as 98% of trafficking victims worldwide. The goal of the campaign is to denounce the many injustices and abuses suffered by women in their journey towards equality, as well as demonstrate how, with commitment and determination, one can overcome the gap between men and women in many societies. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2013)
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day