AMERICA/PANAMA - The "Electoral Ethics Pact" text to defend democracy, mutual respect is ready
Panama City (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Conference of Panama has prepared a draft of the project of the Electoral Ethics Pact in order to seek a social agreement, particularly among political organizations, so that the electoral process in 2014 can take place in a climate of responsibility and respect (see Fides 09/07/2012).
In a statement sent to Fides Agency, the Archbishop of Panama and President of the Council for the Communication of the Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. José Domingo Ulloa, says: "The Ethics Pact is only a means to help people to take responsibility of encouraging the candidates, so that in the next elections, we will be able to strengthen democracy with real concrete projects and debates. " Mgr. Ulloa also added that all political groups have expressed willingness to sign the pact which will be ready for the month of February and so, finally, to prevent the events of violence and the squalid political debate of the past elections. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2013)
- 2015-10-13 - 200 children working in the fields have been redeemed
- 2015-10-01 - Mgr. Aguilar: "The government must stop gambling because it impoverishes families"
- 2015-09-07 - Mgr. Ulloa encourages inmates: "Imprisonment is not the same as exclusion"
- 2015-07-07 - Plenary Assembly of Bishops: defense of marriage, family and creation, reconciliation, justice and corruption
- 2015-06-30 - Cardinal Lacunza: "despite scandals and corruption, we have to believe in justice"
- 2015-03-24 - Summit of the Americas: the Vatican Secretary of State will be present, for the first time
- 2015-02-23 - “We must work for the poor”: Cardinal Lacunza says on the feast of Cristo de Atalaya
- 2014-12-19 - Even Cuba will attend the Summit of the Americas: a dream come true
- 2014-12-16 - Last round of by-elections, the local Church sends observers to polling stations
- 2014-08-04 - First Congress on the Family "source of social wealth"