ASIA/PAKISTAN - Year of Faith: catechism for children arrives online
Karachi (Agenzia Fides) - The new technology applied to evangelization: in the Year of Faith, in which catechesis is a cornerstone of the renewed commitment of the local churches, in Pakistan Sunday school catechism for children have landed online. In the archdiocese of Karachi, thanks to the efforts of the National Director of Catechesis, Fr. Saleh Diego, a new website (http://cssmk.org) has been launched that allows the use of visual and multimedia content in teaching catechism to children. Such content is available online and therefore available to all parishes in the diocese of Karachi but also in other dioceses of Pakistan.
As reported to Fides, Fr. Diego has brought innovation to all the catechists and teachers, explaining that "it was necessary to meet the challenges of communication, in this Year of Faith, according to the Pope’s recommendations: the mass media and new technologies help to cover the distances and allow us to open a new chapter to evangelize children with the help of the Internet." Until yesterday instructional materials used in catechesis were theaters, art, singing, games: today new audiovisual technologies are added to these means, "in order to adapt to the times."
Among other things, 70% of teachers and catechists are young people and students, notes the Director. It will therefore be easy to introduce catechesis with new technologies. Fr. Diego remarked to Fides the voluntary commitment of young Christians in the service of catechesis to children and young people: only in the Archdiocese of Karachi, there are 716 volunteer teachers, where more than 11,000 children have enrolled in 125 Sunday schools. Teachers are prepared by a process of psychological and educational formation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2013)
- 2013-05-22 ASIA/PAKISTAN - A Catholic student killed in the village of Kushpur
- 2013-05-21 ASIA/PAKISTAN - New Violence against Christians in South Punjab: appeal to politics
- 2013-05-20 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Pentecost for Christians in Pakistan: "United in diversity"
- 2013-05-15 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Damage to the church and bishop wounded in the attack in Quetta
- 2013-05-13 ASIA/PAKISTAN - The Church: "Democracy strengthens: constructive dialogue with the new Premier"
- 2013-05-10 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Bishops' Appeal for the elections: "Vote for those who promote harmony"
- 2013-05-08 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Threats to a Christian NGO committed to a transparent policy and the participation of women
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Every year, 87,000 children die from preventable diseases
- 2013-04-22 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Caritas in Quetta to help the earthquake victims in Baluchistan
- 2013-04-18 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Christian youth killed by a Muslim after a fight: the police is covering the murderer