VATICAN - The Synod for the election of the new Chaldean Patriarch has started
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Today the Synod of the Patriarchal Church of Babylon of the Chaldeans has started in Rome, convened by Pope Benedict XVI for the election of the new Patriarch. The presidency of the Synod – at the house for spiritual exercises of Saints Giovanni e Paolo al Celio, run by the Passionist Fathers - is entrusted to Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Congregation for Eastern Churches, who opened the proceedings with a speech in which he called for the illumination of the Holy Spirit on the choices that the Chaldean Bishops are called to carry out. "Each of their Excellencies - he said - is equally responsible for the patriarchal election results, especially in the delicate historical moment: the future of the Chaldean Church and its tradition and heritage, the understanding of the times and ecclesial situations, historical and social, development of pastoral guidelines and their applications."
Today, a Lectio Divina is scheduled for the Chaldean Bishops led by Bishop Enrico dal Covolo, Rector of the Pontifical Lateranense University, and a lecture by Archbishop Rino Fisichella, President of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization. Tomorrow, January 29, will be reserved for discussions and exchanges of views on the situation of the Chaldean Church. From Wednesday 30 voting will start, which will take place in accordance with the rules laid down by the Code of Canons for the Eastern Churches. Fifteen Chaldean Bishops will take part in the Synod, besides Iraq, Iran (2), United States (2), Lebanon (1), Syria (1), Australia (1), Canada (1). (GV) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2013-12-04 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Guadeloupe: "the time has come for this local Church to reawaken the enthusiasm for evangelization"
- 2013-12-03 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni opens the Year of Evangelization in Castries: "re-igniting enthusiasm for the proclamation of the Gospel"
- 2013-12-02 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in the Antilles: "be prepared, vigilant and engaged in the mission of Christ"
- 2013-11-30 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of the Antilles , "only joyful, zealous and faithful priests will attract the young to the service of Christ"
- 2013-11-29 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in the Antilles starts today
- 2013-11-28 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni at CAM IV/COMLA IX: "Take heart, America! Take heart, Latin America! you can give and do more!"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - ""May the joy of the Gospel reach to all the ends of the earth and all the “peripheries” in need of the light of the Gospel"
- 2013-11-27 VATICAN - " In this Congress, we place Christ at the center": Cardinal Filoni opened the American Missionary Congress (CAM4-Comla 9) in Maracaibo
- 2013-11-25 VATICAN - The Year of Faith ends in the sign of the mission
- 2013-11-18 VATICAN – A statement of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples