AMERICA/MEXICO - "A priest has disappeared and no one knows anything": the Nuncio prays together with 35 thousand young
Guanajuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, has shown his share of suffering of the families of kidnap victims, and expressed particular concern over the disappearance of the priest Santiago Álvarez (see Fides 11/01/2013). "In the diocese of Zamora there is a priest who disappeared a few days ago, he has disappeared and no one knows anything, but we know that this priest is one of thousands of people, thousands of families who are suffering like you," said the Archbishop talking with reporters on January 26, at the end of the Eucharistic celebration which concluded the pilgrimage to the Cerro del Cubilete, in Guanajuato. Almost 35 thousand young people traveled 14 km in prayer up to the monument of Cristo Rey. The celebration was attended by several Bishops and hundreds of priests. In particular, young people called for an end of violence, insecurity, injustice and, in particular, of kidnapping.
Mgr. Pierre told reporters that he had met the priest who died a few months ago, on the occasion of the appointment of the Auxiliary Bishop of Zamora: "I remember well, he was very nice and friendly, this is why I suffer and I share the pain of Mgr. Javier, the Bishop, but also the suffering of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, who do not know where their loved ones are. It is a tragedy. We all want a situation of greater justice, and to achieve justice we must all work at it, but it is not so easy. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft