AMERICA/MEXICO - "A priest has disappeared and no one knows anything": the Nuncio prays together with 35 thousand young
Guanajuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, has shown his share of suffering of the families of kidnap victims, and expressed particular concern over the disappearance of the priest Santiago Álvarez (see Fides 11/01/2013). "In the diocese of Zamora there is a priest who disappeared a few days ago, he has disappeared and no one knows anything, but we know that this priest is one of thousands of people, thousands of families who are suffering like you," said the Archbishop talking with reporters on January 26, at the end of the Eucharistic celebration which concluded the pilgrimage to the Cerro del Cubilete, in Guanajuato. Almost 35 thousand young people traveled 14 km in prayer up to the monument of Cristo Rey. The celebration was attended by several Bishops and hundreds of priests. In particular, young people called for an end of violence, insecurity, injustice and, in particular, of kidnapping.
Mgr. Pierre told reporters that he had met the priest who died a few months ago, on the occasion of the appointment of the Auxiliary Bishop of Zamora: "I remember well, he was very nice and friendly, this is why I suffer and I share the pain of Mgr. Javier, the Bishop, but also the suffering of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, who do not know where their loved ones are. It is a tragedy. We all want a situation of greater justice, and to achieve justice we must all work at it, but it is not so easy. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement