AMERICA/MEXICO - "A priest has disappeared and no one knows anything": the Nuncio prays together with 35 thousand young
Guanajuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, has shown his share of suffering of the families of kidnap victims, and expressed particular concern over the disappearance of the priest Santiago Álvarez (see Fides 11/01/2013). "In the diocese of Zamora there is a priest who disappeared a few days ago, he has disappeared and no one knows anything, but we know that this priest is one of thousands of people, thousands of families who are suffering like you," said the Archbishop talking with reporters on January 26, at the end of the Eucharistic celebration which concluded the pilgrimage to the Cerro del Cubilete, in Guanajuato. Almost 35 thousand young people traveled 14 km in prayer up to the monument of Cristo Rey. The celebration was attended by several Bishops and hundreds of priests. In particular, young people called for an end of violence, insecurity, injustice and, in particular, of kidnapping.
Mgr. Pierre told reporters that he had met the priest who died a few months ago, on the occasion of the appointment of the Auxiliary Bishop of Zamora: "I remember well, he was very nice and friendly, this is why I suffer and I share the pain of Mgr. Javier, the Bishop, but also the suffering of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, who do not know where their loved ones are. It is a tragedy. We all want a situation of greater justice, and to achieve justice we must all work at it, but it is not so easy. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude