AMERICA/MEXICO - "A priest has disappeared and no one knows anything": the Nuncio prays together with 35 thousand young
Guanajuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, has shown his share of suffering of the families of kidnap victims, and expressed particular concern over the disappearance of the priest Santiago Álvarez (see Fides 11/01/2013). "In the diocese of Zamora there is a priest who disappeared a few days ago, he has disappeared and no one knows anything, but we know that this priest is one of thousands of people, thousands of families who are suffering like you," said the Archbishop talking with reporters on January 26, at the end of the Eucharistic celebration which concluded the pilgrimage to the Cerro del Cubilete, in Guanajuato. Almost 35 thousand young people traveled 14 km in prayer up to the monument of Cristo Rey. The celebration was attended by several Bishops and hundreds of priests. In particular, young people called for an end of violence, insecurity, injustice and, in particular, of kidnapping.
Mgr. Pierre told reporters that he had met the priest who died a few months ago, on the occasion of the appointment of the Auxiliary Bishop of Zamora: "I remember well, he was very nice and friendly, this is why I suffer and I share the pain of Mgr. Javier, the Bishop, but also the suffering of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, who do not know where their loved ones are. It is a tragedy. We all want a situation of greater justice, and to achieve justice we must all work at it, but it is not so easy. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration