AMERICA/MEXICO - "A priest has disappeared and no one knows anything": the Nuncio prays together with 35 thousand young
Guanajuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre, has shown his share of suffering of the families of kidnap victims, and expressed particular concern over the disappearance of the priest Santiago Álvarez (see Fides 11/01/2013). "In the diocese of Zamora there is a priest who disappeared a few days ago, he has disappeared and no one knows anything, but we know that this priest is one of thousands of people, thousands of families who are suffering like you," said the Archbishop talking with reporters on January 26, at the end of the Eucharistic celebration which concluded the pilgrimage to the Cerro del Cubilete, in Guanajuato. Almost 35 thousand young people traveled 14 km in prayer up to the monument of Cristo Rey. The celebration was attended by several Bishops and hundreds of priests. In particular, young people called for an end of violence, insecurity, injustice and, in particular, of kidnapping.
Mgr. Pierre told reporters that he had met the priest who died a few months ago, on the occasion of the appointment of the Auxiliary Bishop of Zamora: "I remember well, he was very nice and friendly, this is why I suffer and I share the pain of Mgr. Javier, the Bishop, but also the suffering of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, who do not know where their loved ones are. It is a tragedy. We all want a situation of greater justice, and to achieve justice we must all work at it, but it is not so easy. " (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"