ASIA/CHINA - First Communion and charitable works for the Chinese New Year: the parish of Xian Wen lives the Year of Faith
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - An in-depth catechetical formation for Christian sacraments and charitable works, in view of the Chinese New Year, are some initiatives with which the parish of Xian Wen in Beijing is experiencing the Year of the Faith with particular commitment. As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, after a long and intensive preparation, 15 children received their First Holy Communion during the solemn celebration on Sunday, January 27. The nun who followed their formation emphasized that "children are the future of the Church and therefore we will continue their formation even after the First Communion, to promote the future of the Church."
The previous day, January 26, the parish officially started its usual commitment of visits to families in need, in view of the Chinese New Year, which will be celebrated on February 10. Despite the heavy snowfall, the parishioners, with three trucks loaded with aid, under the guidance of the parish priest, started to visit 40 families in need in the remote areas of the countryside. According to the pastor, "our works are not limited to feasts or to a particular group of people. Each year we reach all needy families to bring the love of God."
The parish of Xian Wen has 400 years of history. For various reasons, the crumbling old church was demolished in 2001 and rebuilt in the middle of the industrial area, close to the Olympics sports Center. The new church was consecrated on April 24, 2011 and officially opened on June 1, 2011. The priest urged the faithful to "take advantage of our best geographical position to bring the Gospel among the people. Together with the other parishes and faithful we relaunch evangelization. " (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - The bull distributed to the faithful of Our Lady of Carmel parish in Beijing
- 2015-11-05 - On the feast of the Apostles Simon and Jude, two communities welcome new deacons and priests
- 2015-08-10 - Episcopal Ordination of the Bishop Coadjutor of Anyang in Henan (China)
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/CHINA – China’s six major seminaries offer 79 new workers for the Lord’s vineyard
- 2015-07-10 - Improving faith and Christian life: pastoral summer activities for children and young people of Zhou Cun
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life