ASIA/CHINA - First Communion and charitable works for the Chinese New Year: the parish of Xian Wen lives the Year of Faith
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - An in-depth catechetical formation for Christian sacraments and charitable works, in view of the Chinese New Year, are some initiatives with which the parish of Xian Wen in Beijing is experiencing the Year of the Faith with particular commitment. As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, after a long and intensive preparation, 15 children received their First Holy Communion during the solemn celebration on Sunday, January 27. The nun who followed their formation emphasized that "children are the future of the Church and therefore we will continue their formation even after the First Communion, to promote the future of the Church."
The previous day, January 26, the parish officially started its usual commitment of visits to families in need, in view of the Chinese New Year, which will be celebrated on February 10. Despite the heavy snowfall, the parishioners, with three trucks loaded with aid, under the guidance of the parish priest, started to visit 40 families in need in the remote areas of the countryside. According to the pastor, "our works are not limited to feasts or to a particular group of people. Each year we reach all needy families to bring the love of God."
The parish of Xian Wen has 400 years of history. For various reasons, the crumbling old church was demolished in 2001 and rebuilt in the middle of the industrial area, close to the Olympics sports Center. The new church was consecrated on April 24, 2011 and officially opened on June 1, 2011. The priest urged the faithful to "take advantage of our best geographical position to bring the Gospel among the people. Together with the other parishes and faithful we relaunch evangelization. " (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2013)
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth