EUROPE/ITALY - "The Franciscan Missionary": for 80 years has been supporting "those who go" and tells the "wonders" that the Lord works through his envoys
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - The first issue of "The Franciscan Missionary " (IMF) appeared in January 1933, subtitled "Illustrated Monthly Magazine of the Minor Conventual Friars."
The proclamation of the faith and the adventurous life of the missionaries were its main themes. In 1969 it started working with other editorial institutions in the territories of mission (Minor Friars, the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, the Discalced Carmelites, Servants of Mary, Daughters of Canossian Charity), which lasted until 1986, when it was decided that the IMF had to go back to being mainly the voice of the missionaries of the Order. In the last two decades, as well as a new graphic design, the magazine has maintained and expanded the interest and sensitivity towards the people in the South of the world, with the aim of promoting the Franciscan missions, not forgetting the topical nature of the problems inherent to integration, acceptance of other cultures and peaceful coexistence, in view of the Franciscan vision of brotherhood.
Currently, the Magazine is printed in more than 5000 copies. In addition to being an organ of formation and missionary information, in all these years it has aroused in the reader a strong collaboration, developing several initiatives to missionary support. As stated in the statement sent to Fides Agency for the 80th anniversary, "Francis of Assisi had a strong desire to communicate the Gospel to all of the kingdom and sent his brothers two by two in the world ... we, as the editorial staff of 'The Franciscan Missionary' feel the need and task of following and supporting 'those who go' and narrate the 'wonders' that the Lord works through his envoys." (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/01/2013)
- 2015-04-13 - 150 years after the delivery of the image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help to the Redemptorists
- 2015-03-24 - Permanent Council of Cei: moment of prayer for martyrs, missionaries and lay people
- 2015-03-23 - Day of Missionary Martyrs: 1,062 missionaries killed in the world from 1980 to 2014
- 2015-03-16 - Cardinal Filoni: Africa needs encouragement and solidarity, not migration, or the purchase of weapons and looting
- 2015-01-23 - Scalabrini Missionaries open a community in Syracuse to welcome migrants
- 2014-12-10 - EUROPE/ITALY – NGO together for the rights of people with disabilities
- 2014-11-19 - National Missionary Conference: to rekindle the fire of the mission ad gentes
- 2014-11-10 - The number of Nigerian women destined for sexual slavery has tripled
- 2014-10-27 - EUROPE/ITALY – The "challenge of charity" for many "outlawed poor people" of our times
- 2014-10-03 - A year ago, the tragedy in the Mediterranean Sea, memory and heritage