EUROPE/SPAIN - A video on the internet explains to children what it means to be a missionary
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "What a missionary gives" is the title of a cartoon animation that aims to explain to the children what it means to be missionaries. The Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Spain have prepared this video, together with other material, on the occasion of Missionary Childhood Day, which is celebrated in Spain on Sunday, January 27. On this occasion, a Mass will be celebrated at the Blessed Sacrament School in Madrid, and will be broadcast on Spanish TV (La 2 ).
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS of Spain, Don Anastasio Gil, National Director of the PMS, explains the meaning of the video: "This is a way to show children and adolescents, not to mention adults, how the love for the needy is an opportunity to discover the missionary vocation and the source of happiness, and so they can transmit it to others. "
In the video, presented and put online since January 21, tells the story of a young man living in a big city. At the beginning it shows the protagonist leaving a shopping center full of parcels and envelopes that he has just bought. On the way home he runs into some poor people who ask for help, but he continues to walk without noticing. His attitude changes when he passes in front of a table and sees the work of the parish for the poor. He then began to give everything he had bought, to the point he had nothing left in his pockets. Only when the young man gave everything he has the feeling he is flying. He reaches the clouds and from there sees an African village, he then discovers his vocation: to go there to help the needy and bring the Good News. A voice concludes: "If you want to be truly happy, you have to give everything. But if what you really want is to fly, then you have to give yourself to God completely, as a missionary." (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 26/01/2013)
- 2013-05-24 EUROPE/SPAIN - Africa Day: Economic growth is not reflected on the population
- 2013-03-14 EUROPE/SPAIN - Enthusiasm for the new Pope and waiting for further progress against hunger and poverty
- 2013-02-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hispanic-American Day: "America, Doors open to the mission"
- 2013-01-31 EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
- 2013-01-26 EUROPE/SPAIN - A video on the internet explains to children what it means to be a missionary
- 2012-12-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - "We are faced with a family and faith emergency ": On Sunday a demonstration in defense of the Christian family
- 2012-12-07 EUROPE/SPAIN - Right to education denied to 61 million boys and girls who do not attend school
- 2012-12-05 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hunger, unemployment and exploitation aggravate the already precarious situations
- 2012-11-16 EUROPE/SPAIN - 220 million malnourished children, penalized in their growth and future
- 2012-10-22 EUROPE/SPAIN - Two thousand children involved in fundraising for World Mission Sunday