AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence: work together for the good of society" Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) – Faced with the violence that is registered in the country, the Archbishop of Monterrey calls to promote unity, especially these days, when the Church celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. His Exc. Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez, Archbishop of Monterrey, in fact, invited believers and social groups to act in union, despite the ideological differences that there may be, in order to restore peace and to commit to a better quality of life .
The Archbishop, according to the letter received by Fides Agency, said that religion cannot be a source of division and even less of intolerance. Although there are major differences between the two sectors (social and religious), this should not stop the commitment to work together for the good of society. "In these times when there is violence, in which we see even more the differences between social groups, what is the contribution that Christian communities can give? Especially in the commitment to charity and the promotion of justice, this is the important point," said Mgr. Cabrera López, stressing that in order to cope with violence in Nuevo Leon, love is one of the solutions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children