AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence: work together for the good of society" Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) – Faced with the violence that is registered in the country, the Archbishop of Monterrey calls to promote unity, especially these days, when the Church celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. His Exc. Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez, Archbishop of Monterrey, in fact, invited believers and social groups to act in union, despite the ideological differences that there may be, in order to restore peace and to commit to a better quality of life .
The Archbishop, according to the letter received by Fides Agency, said that religion cannot be a source of division and even less of intolerance. Although there are major differences between the two sectors (social and religious), this should not stop the commitment to work together for the good of society. "In these times when there is violence, in which we see even more the differences between social groups, what is the contribution that Christian communities can give? Especially in the commitment to charity and the promotion of justice, this is the important point," said Mgr. Cabrera López, stressing that in order to cope with violence in Nuevo Leon, love is one of the solutions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico
- 2014-07-01 - Despite the distrust of the population, the police fight against crime
- 2014-06-30 - Marijuana and cocaine as early as 12 years of age