AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence: work together for the good of society" Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) – Faced with the violence that is registered in the country, the Archbishop of Monterrey calls to promote unity, especially these days, when the Church celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. His Exc. Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez, Archbishop of Monterrey, in fact, invited believers and social groups to act in union, despite the ideological differences that there may be, in order to restore peace and to commit to a better quality of life .
The Archbishop, according to the letter received by Fides Agency, said that religion cannot be a source of division and even less of intolerance. Although there are major differences between the two sectors (social and religious), this should not stop the commitment to work together for the good of society. "In these times when there is violence, in which we see even more the differences between social groups, what is the contribution that Christian communities can give? Especially in the commitment to charity and the promotion of justice, this is the important point," said Mgr. Cabrera López, stressing that in order to cope with violence in Nuevo Leon, love is one of the solutions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace