AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence: work together for the good of society" Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) – Faced with the violence that is registered in the country, the Archbishop of Monterrey calls to promote unity, especially these days, when the Church celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. His Exc. Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez, Archbishop of Monterrey, in fact, invited believers and social groups to act in union, despite the ideological differences that there may be, in order to restore peace and to commit to a better quality of life .
The Archbishop, according to the letter received by Fides Agency, said that religion cannot be a source of division and even less of intolerance. Although there are major differences between the two sectors (social and religious), this should not stop the commitment to work together for the good of society. "In these times when there is violence, in which we see even more the differences between social groups, what is the contribution that Christian communities can give? Especially in the commitment to charity and the promotion of justice, this is the important point," said Mgr. Cabrera López, stressing that in order to cope with violence in Nuevo Leon, love is one of the solutions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations