AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence: work together for the good of society" Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) – Faced with the violence that is registered in the country, the Archbishop of Monterrey calls to promote unity, especially these days, when the Church celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. His Exc. Mgr. Rogelio Cabrera Lopez, Archbishop of Monterrey, in fact, invited believers and social groups to act in union, despite the ideological differences that there may be, in order to restore peace and to commit to a better quality of life .
The Archbishop, according to the letter received by Fides Agency, said that religion cannot be a source of division and even less of intolerance. Although there are major differences between the two sectors (social and religious), this should not stop the commitment to work together for the good of society. "In these times when there is violence, in which we see even more the differences between social groups, what is the contribution that Christian communities can give? Especially in the commitment to charity and the promotion of justice, this is the important point," said Mgr. Cabrera López, stressing that in order to cope with violence in Nuevo Leon, love is one of the solutions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend