AMERICA/CHILE - "From the heart of Aparecida, to live as missionary disciples": a thousand young people at the First National Congress of Catholic youth
Concepcion (Agenzia Fides) - Young Catholics throughout Chile arrived in Concepcion to participate in the First National Congress of Catholic youth, from 23 to 27 January. From 6am yesterday, 23 January, the PalaSport in the town of Concepcion received delegations of young people, after a journey which took several hours from Temuco, Valdivia, Los Angeles, Antofagasta, Valparaiso, La Serena, San Felipe, Iquique, Punta Arenas, Calama, Rancagua, Osorno and Villarrica, among others. With them the representatives of the apostolic movements, pastoral delegates of higher education and pastoral Commissions of the various ecclesial realities.
"In the history of Pastoral Youth in Chile there is no previous event that has brought so many young people (about one thousand) to share, listen together and formulate the paths for the future of the Church incarnated in the witness of the Catholic youth," is what the statement said sent by the Episcopal Conference of Chile to Fides Agency, which reports the first impressions of the members of the "Vicaris de la Esperanza Joven", one of the groups called to organize the event.
"What matters in the National Congress of Catholic youth, with about one thousand delegates representing many other young people, is not numbers, but the heart of Catholic identity on which the Father's love is printed, given to all, without distinction," said the note, which then concludes:" From the heart of Aparecida, we will live a great opportunity to renew ourselves as Church and as missionary disciples. To do this we will see the reality of youth as a gift and we will respond to the challenge that offers the slogan that guided the steps of the Youth Mission: 'So that young people, in Jesus, have life in abundance.' "(CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2013)
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission
- 2015-05-16 - Two students die during the protests; the Church appeals for non-violence
- 2015-05-06 - Bishops' statement: "The right to truth, forgiveness is not impunity"
- 2015-04-15 - Protection of life and communication in the Church's mission, priority in the Chilean Church
- 2015-04-14 - Floods force more than 40 000 children not to go to school
- 2015-03-30 - Floods and landslides: 12 dead and thousands displaced, Caritas at work
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education